Which book changed your perspective towards life?

Indu Thangamuthu
44 replies
Though I have lots to point at, for me, I would say, 1. Bagavat Gita 2. The Alchemist

Replies

Bakemono Fra
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
LisaKim
The Way of Integrity by Martha Beck
Indu Thangamuthu
@mycelebs_elle Nice! How many times have you read it?
Mehdi Rifai
Ooh loved The Alchemist! Mine is Thinking Fast and Slow
Indu Thangamuthu
@mehdi_rifai Thinking Fast and Slow ... Haven't read it yet. In my bucket list for this year!
Olatz Urrutia
I started reading the alchemist when I was too young so could never finished... For me there are a lot but one of them could be The Kite Runner
Indu Thangamuthu
@olatz_urrutia Did you not get the urge to read "The Alchemist" again, from first, to finish?
Cris Rat
How to fail at almost everything and still win big
David Cagigas
The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
Mirena Vasileva
@edworking Love the secret! Our minds/thoughts are our most powerful tools
Tra Dao
The Alchemist too
Zee A
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson, really made me learn how to not take no for an answer and anything is possible.
Naveen Nair
@zeenatelle Absolutely loved this book. Also, the amount of research Walter Isaacson has done blew my mind. Apparently Steve Jobs himself did not want the book to come out. I also highly recommend "Benjamin Franklin" by the same author.
Sangharakshak Neel
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries. It taught me that the best way to validate my product ideas is to build something that nobody wants and then pivot until I run out of money. Just kidding :D :D
Piet Jan de Bruin
Awareness: The Perils and Opportunities of Reality by Anthony de Mello
Richard Gao
I'd say probably The Lean Startup. Really got me thinking of starting my own business and paved the way for evoke-app.com
Ágh Helmut
Tolstoy - War and Peace
Jenna Keegan
When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
Vlad Zivkovic
@indu_thangamuthu It's really one of the most eye opening books, I read it some 15 years ago and it is still my favorite story about life.
Nihal Kothiyal
man's search for meaning /
Naveen Nair
1. "Tuesdays With Morrie" - A small book, but gave a lot of perspective about life and death. 2. "The Fist of God - Fredrick Forsyth" - Taught me to stay calm and remain true to my mission, no matter how messed up the situation is. 3. " Tribe of Mentors - Tim Ferris" - Tim asks a series of questions to people highly successful in their fields, and there emerges a pattern. Can give a few more suggestions, but these are just the top of my head.
Mahnoor Tanveer
"The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. This book tells the story of a shepherd boy named Santiago who embarks on a journey to fulfill his dreams. Along the way, he learns important lessons about following his heart, taking risks, and trusting the universe to guide him. The book has inspired many readers, including myself to pursue their passions and trust in life's journey.
Roop Reddy
Every book I read has some impact but few of them have the highest Impact. Some of them include. 1) Atlas Shrugged 2) Fooled by Randomness 3) Naval Thoughts - Not exactly a book 4) Power of the Subconscious Mind
Stephen
Thinking Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman