Where to build your company brand in 2023: TikTok, Twitter, Linkedin, Reddit, Product Hunt?

Iuliia Shnai
11 replies
Mine is Twitter and Product Hunt.

Replies

Talia Basma
I think the answer also depends on the product/company. I do think Product Hunt is a great place to share certain products, but I could see others getting buried if they aren't a "tech-forward" company. Twitter was probably a top go-to but I wonder if that will be the case as Elon Musk continues tinkering around with it.
Iuliia Shnai
@talia_basma Yep product hunt become more community driven and full of discussions but definitely tech focused. I feel Twitter still will be top.
Philip Snyder
I'd mostly agree. If it's consumer-facing then also TikTok
Iuliia Shnai
@philipsnyder I found more and more not consumer facing companies on TikTok but not sure if the traffic they get worth it
Joan Mateo Duarte 🚀
Twitter, LinkedIn, and Product Hunt.
Iuliia Shnai
@joanduarte cool! Connected on Twitter. Are you launching product soon?
Joan Mateo Duarte 🚀
@iuliia_shnai Yes! We are going to launch at the beginning of 2023! and you?
Puneet Kohli
I agree w/ @talia_basma but let me add a bit more context. TikTok: Great for Gen Z pull and something that resonates w/ younger audiences. Also great marketing but expect very low conversions from TikTok itself (Think of it more as a visibility provider) Twitter: I am not sure exactly which niches work great on Twitter, possibly all of them, but they have a bustling Web3 and AI community as of right now that I'm aware of. Great for building investor awareness too and having a strong clout on Twitter is the highest social signal of all the platforms. LinkedIn: Perfect for more mature / professional audiences and can target specific industry niches. Great for B2B as well since you can target specific customer personas through your content. Reddit: Also great like LinkedIn especially if you're hyper niche and solving a specific problem for a specific community. Doesn't work well for more consumer-oriented tech (or at least I haven't seen any brands that have chose Reddit as their main platform for branding) PH: Generally great for any company especially if it resonates with a wider variety of tech builders / enthusiasts.
Iuliia Shnai
@talia_basma @puneet_kohli I love how you structure it ! I think it is worth writing an article about it!
Zoya K
Product hunt is awesome platform for tech products we built up the most innovative App for MacOS specially which is WebRemarks. It's the best app for taking screenshots on mac and share with your friends.