Where should we strategically position our CTAs for maximum effectiveness? & the ideal number?

Vaishali Rastogi
5 replies
Working on revamping our website, we want to optimize user engagement and conversions, so we're interested in understanding the recommended number of CTAs and the strategic locations that will yield the best results.

Replies

Angana Chatterjee
Everytime I design a landing page, I include 3 CTAs - the header section, the 1st fold and towards the end of the page. Depending on the length of the page, you can squeeze in another one somewhere in the middle so that users don't completely get sidetracked.
Svitlana Palamarchuk
Hi Vaishali! When it comes to CTAs, placement and quantity should be guided by relevance and user journey. Key spots include "above the fold" on your homepage, at the end of informational sections or blog posts, and on product or service pages. As for the ideal number, it really depends on the page length and content. Just ensure each CTA offers clear value and isn't overwhelming or distracting for the user.
Christian Grundemann
Always having a CTA as a hovering a button as the user scrolls is an option I've seen success with
eatsl eeps
To optimize user engagement and conversions on your website, it's recommended to keep the number of CTAs clear and concise. Avoid overwhelming visitors with too many CTAs and focus on the key actions you want them to take. Place at least one prominent CTA above the fold to ensure immediate visibility upon landing. Incorporate CTAs within relevant sections, such as at the end of blog posts or on product pages. Consider using sticky CTAs that remain visible as users scroll, and use pop-ups or modals strategically without disrupting the user experience. Conduct A/B testing to determine the best CTA placements and designs for your specific audience and website. By following these guidelines, you can optimize user engagement and increase conversions on your website.