Where did you get most of your engagement for your PH launch?

Richard Gao
8 replies
I've seen countless PH guides that stress getting engagement from multiple sources when you launch and tracking it with various links. I'm curious to see, where did most of you get your support when launching on PH?

Replies

Peter Kowalczyk
I think it's good to schedule your launch and create teaser banner, then engage it so people will subscribe to it. You can do it from 1-3 weeks before, the more time you have the better. For sure preparing your crowd and some groups to support you.
Max Prilutskiy
The majority of people get support from just their friends and family. A lot of people also found support through social media, specifically Twitter. Twitter can be a great place to get support for your ProductHunt launch. The platform allows you to share your product with a large number of people in a short amount of time. Additionally, Twitter users are often engaged and willing to help out new products. For those that had success on ProductHunt, many of them leveraged their existing networks to bring in more support. This could mean reaching out to friends, colleagues or even influencers if you have a big enough network. Reddit can also be a great place to get support for your ProductHunt launch. The platform has a large user base and allows you to share your product with a large number of people in a short amount of time. Additionally, Reddit users are often engaged and willing to help out new products. The Reddit community is very direct, but also friendly and helpful, and can be a great resource for promoting your product. Make sure to post about your product in the correct subreddit, and be prepared to answer questions from users. You may also want to consider offering discounts or free products to Redditors who help promote your product. Finally, there's no denying the power of word-of-mouth marketing. When you can get people who believe in your product to share it with their own circles, it can really help build momentum for your launch. The bottom line is this: when launching on ProductHunt, remember to leverage your existing networks and take advantage of social media platforms like Twitter/Reddit/Facebook/etc. for additional engagement. Good luck! :)
Richard Gao
@maxprilutskiy Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, twitter is my weak spot haha. Created an account in 2016 and never touched it. Only started building it now. Do you have any advice on growing a twitter?
Max Prilutskiy
@richard_gao2 Just one - don't spend too much time on it 🤣 But seriously - no, I'm not a Twitter growth expert, unfortunately. I'm just a person who loves learning cool things and building stuff.
Philip Snyder
Bumping this - Curious aswell
Nadezhda Babushkina
Hello Richard, I’ve noticed that hunters putting PH badge on their websites got higher positions in the ranking. Supposedly, they have quite substantial number of website visitors. So, anywhere, where you have some audience a launch information should be shared. Rooting for twitter too. Just try to tweet this discussion (a button is at the end of the page) and twitter statistics might surprise you. I also have an old account but the views I got definitely surprise me.
Karthik Tatikonda
From Twitter and email list. I did build in public on Twitter and built an audience for the launch. Also, I created a waitlist who are interested in my product and shared the product hunt launch link with them. I interview creators whose products ranked at the top3 of the product hunt and decode their launch strategies. From the interviews, these are the top traffic sources for PH 1. Twitter 2. Communities 3. Email list 4. LinkedIn and 5. Indiehackers