When you're active on Twitter, how much time do you spend there?

Hello_Joy
24 replies
For me, about 2~3 hours? Responding to comments, checking tweets, and reviewing what they talk about. Actually, it is not enough time. Do you usually set a specific amount of time for how long you spend on Twitter, or do you just use it without any time limit?

Replies

Richard Gao
Around an hour or so every day just being active and getting some marketing in.
Mehdi Rifai
I try to limit it to 30 minutes a day on Twitter but my output is not enough within that time frame
Hello_Joy
@mehdi_rifai Yep, I agree. and it seems like the output might be related to how much time we spend on Twitter.
Benard Ogutu
I try balancing my full-time job, building my startup, and maintaining a social media presence. I'm generally active on Twitter in the evening for 2 hours between 8 pm - 10 pm. I'm not sure if this is enough though.
Hello_Joy
@benard_ogutu Very organized!๐Ÿ‘ It's a bit of a challenge for me to balance things haha. Do you have a specific reason for setting the time from 8-10 pm?
Peyt Spencer Dewar
@benard_ogutu if youโ€™re comfortable could you share more of your schedule? Like how youโ€™re balancing job, startup, social media, and life outside all that? ๐Ÿ˜…
Benard Ogutu
@psd @joy_eom Sure, happy to share! My typical day starts at 6 am when I wake up and spend an hour exercising to help me stay focused throughout the day. Then, I spend 8-9 hours at my full-time job, followed by a quick break for dinner. From 8 pm - 10 pm, I focus on my startup and engage with my social media audience on Twitter and Product-hunt. I dedicate my weekends to working on the technical aspects of my startup (coding). To balance it all, I make sure to prioritize my tasks based on their importance and urgency, and I'm always looking for ways to optimize my workflow and be more efficient. Of course, I also make time for my friends and family and try to unwind with some leisure activities in my free time.
Peyt Spencer Dewar
@benard_ogutu and is 6am wake up time 7 days a week?
Hello_Joy
@psd @benard_ogutu Super cool! Really thank you for sharing! and I've been trying to optimize and streamline my workflow every single day, not easy :)
Christopher Nguyen
I spend 1-2 hours daily on Twitter and LinkedIn. Building connections on those platforms are essential for growing
Hello_Joy
@semigrownkid just 1-2 hours? wow! you're very skilled at building connections and I didn't realize that you were also active on LinkedIn. As for me, I mostly use LinkedIn to review other people's posts..haha it's a little bit difficult.๐Ÿ˜Œ
Elly
I spend my time depending on what's going on that day. I'll use it more if I have a particularly good idea or if the conversation is going well, and I'll use it very briefly if I don't have anything weird to say.
Hello_Joy
@elly_cho That's super similar to me!!! lol Yeah, it's hard to think of what to say every single day.
David Cagigas
I spend about 45 minutes daily!
Hello_Joy
@edworking Oh, cool! every single day? you've found a proper time for yourself๐Ÿ‘
LisaKim
I commute using Twitter - 1 hour of the day Probably 1 - 1.5 more hours during work and an additional 30 minutes casually Wow, so that's like 3 hours for me on diligent days ;)
Hello_Joy
@mycelebs_elle Very diligent!๐Ÿ˜€ I discussed this with others and it was interesting everyone thinks that using Twitter is one of the most important tasks of the day.