When working, do you find it necessary to stay connected with your co-workers?

Pinar Engur
23 replies
If yes, what kind of information would be most helpful for you? For example: who works on which tasks, who is in a meeting or on a break, who is in the office/at home...

Replies

Victor Kernes
Yes, 100%. I believe this is one of the top reasons that people stay at companies for long periods of time. Making connections with people who you share similar interests outside of work with, and genuinely get to know, makes the work environment much more fun to work in.
Swapnil D Puranik
Solopreneur here! But there are times when I miss having co-workers - mostly to bounce off ideas and get instant feedback on anything that I am working on.
Carson Cohen
@swapdp_01 Of course. When building Fusion, we're constantly communicating. Fusion is an AI-powered prompt-engineering software that renders enhanced GPT prompts. 🤖 Utilizing the power of Open AI's GPT technology, Fusion generates unique and creative prompts to help you yield higher-quality content. 🔥 Check it out on PH! producthunt.com/products/fusionai-2
Hi, since i'm a part of marketing team it crucial to stay connected. To know who is engaging on which platform, what content was being promoted and so on :)
David Cagigas
I think communication is best between co-workers. Doesn't matter the organisational hierarchy but one should communicate about daily activities to each other. Sense of accountability is built.
Burak Gunduz
Absolutely not. I think this whole issue is a fabrication related to the zeitgeist. It's just like an old trend where dozens of people used to lock themselves in a room for hours to brainstorm and waste time, it will eventually disappear over time.
Jonayed Tanjim
Team effort is always great. Not any individual has all the required skills in the world. Teamwork compliments each other’s skills.
Gizem Nur Keskin
I'd like to know if someone is available since I am a part of a team
Gabriel Romero
I think organisation is important but in my experience the most important thing to consider and the main reason to stay connected is to share the same goal or vision. Everybody needs to be working in the same direction, so having this absolutely clear is key!
Vadim Voronovskiy
Of course. All of our Solcial team is remote and some team members are not at the same timezone. We have daily online meetings first with the Dev team to discuss the product development and one more call to discuss the marketing plan. It is very important for every team member to stay updated and be in a flow. Especially if you work with the community:), who like to ask tons of questions) We also have daily/weekly/monthly plans for what we are going to do, and what is done and we discuss this in meetings. And we regularly chat in Discord and discuss all issues, ideas, and thoughts together. I love my team:)
Anastasia Reich
Balance is the best! I appreciate it if I could deep concentrate, bit the mingle with colleagues during the break.
Neil Roy
I was working in a remote setup before, in the marketing team. What was most missed out was updates from other teams. For us it was difficult to understand the priorities of the product team, even with sync ups twice a week, specially when items were deprioritised for next sprints, and we'd discover it the week after - totally kills momentum.
Konstantin Lobanov
I think it's quite important to stay in touch both formally and informally. Formally, you need to have an undretanding what others are working on to maybe i) help them; ii) learn something from them; iii) keep things aligned. Informally, I think you need to have some coffee chats just to talk about some non work-related stuff. It's not necessary with everybody and very often, but still
Anoir Houmou
Yes, consistent communication is a must
Allen Helton
I was an engineering manager for a number of years. I found that if the team is comfortable with each other, work quality goes WAY up because nobody is afraid to ask questions or get clarification. Building relationships is crucial to rapid-scaling companies. To foster a culture of rapid growth - being in communication with your teammates is the way to go. Now I don't necessarily think you need to say every time you're going on break, but rather focus on communicating with each other as people, i.e. what are you doing this weekend? There are the obvious work tasks where it's important to be in communication on, like who is working on what (so you don't duplicate work). But I've found the most success with focusing on relationships.
Nisa Meray
I would say balancing the communication would be the best. Constant communication might become tiring and kill productivity for some individuals.
BiglySales
YES!!! I think that its important to help your grow the business and helps you work faster on tasks!
Heleana Grace
I do like to check-in with the team at the beginning of the day/week to ensure that we're all on the same page while working on our projects. But other than these quick, important discussions, I want to give them the time to work in peace. Sometimes you just need to be left in your zone so you can make magic.
Elli Kim
I would think it depends on your roles and responsibilities, but yes it definitely helps to have a general idea of what's happening in the week
Won Park
It depends on how you think about it. In my opinion I will try it. It is good for both
Neal Woolery
It really depends on the nature of my work and what tasks I'm working on. In some cases, staying connected with my co-workers is essential to complete a project or task, and in other cases, it may not be as necessary. Overall, I believe that effective communication and collaboration with co-workers can greatly enhance productivity and the quality of work.