What would you prefer in early 20s: a healthy routine & less work, or working 16hrs a day?

Kshetez Vinayak
12 replies
I am in early 20s and currently stuck in unhealthy routine of working entire day and not exercising etc. Working on 2 products simultaneously. I wanted to see if anyone can convince me to change my routine.

Replies

Suman Choudhary
Ufff, a balance is all I dream. A routine with time for myself, dedicated working hours, time for being out in the nature, doing household chores..if everything could fit in properly!!!! A dream!!!!
Pearl Jimenez
It's cool that at your age you have so much strength and energy to work 16 hours a day. I don't know what to advise you because it's all individual. For example, I have a friend who goes to work in the morning and finishes in the evening, but still manages to go to the gym. Every time I talk to him, he says that it is very difficult to get up and does not get enough sleep, but despite this, he is really productive at work and manages to do absolutely everything and also learn. There is also another friend who has already burned out due to an excessive number of hours at work and is also currently treating his back and taking care of his health, because he is not yet 30, but his health has deteriorated significantly due to constant sedentary work. At the same time, the health of the first friend is fine. Each person is individual. Listen to yourself, your body.
Kshetez Vinayak
@pearl_jimenez Thx for sharing the stories maam. I definitely dont want my health to take a hit so i manage to get 6+hrs of sleep. I hope i finish what i started before my health deteriorates.
Ruben Boonzaaijer
Can't you have both?
Kshetez Vinayak
@ruben_boonz, can I? If yes, I would love to. But when I don't work, my head is filled with what is left, what I can do next, etc.
Daniel Burns
I used to be in your shoes when I was establishing my current firm, though perhaps just a bit older :). It was a pretty stressful time, and I found myself craving a healthier work/life balance. I'm actively trying to incorporate that balance into my life right now. So, my pro tip would be: keep pushing forward with what you've started and what you need to do, but also try to fit some "me time" into your busy schedule as soon as possible. Remember, no one will take care of you but you. Best of luck to you @kshetez_vinayak!
Kshetez Vinayak
@dan_burns Thank you, sir. That's some great advice. I am planning to take some time off after the launch to fix the schedule, but for now, it's just so much fun to build something myself and bring it to the world, regardless of whether people use it or not. I know you will resonate with this.
Marvin Mändle
Healthy routine and get my things done. I think it's super important to be productive. In my opinion you can't work 16 hours productively. I try to get the most out of the day, always depends of my energy level and in the evening and morning I do things to get my body batterie recharged. In this periods of the day, I also get many good ideas for work.
Ryan Zhang
In my early 20s, I'd prioritize a healthy routine and less work to ensure long-term productivity and well-being. Overworking, especially at 16 hours a day, is unsustainable and can lead to burnout.
Upasana Pandey
I have seen a lot of ladies working, doing household work and also exercising they are doing it like a pro. Being in my 20s I know how difficult it is for us to shut down from one work and shift to another. But the best I can suggest to you is to take small steps like start building a habit where you go for a walk just for 10 min and then gradually increase it to 20 min same you can do for other things to.