What type of books do you prefer: physical, digital, or audiobooks?

Natalie Ermishina
32 replies
Does the genre of the book matter?

Replies

Nastassia
Can I choose 2? :) I love hardcover for fiction and audiobooks for nonfiction
Natalie Ermishina
@nastassia_k Sure, my choice also depends on the genre of the book. Hardcopies are for classics and limited editions, and ebooks and audio are great for business books, psychology, self-development, etc )
Sergei Petrov
For the soul I prefer physical, but more often I use electronic
Natalie Ermishina
@sergeipetrov Exactly the same :) Physical books help relaxing and rebooting :)
Natalia Toth
When relaxing at home, I prefer hardcover books, but when I commute/travel, an ebook is so much more convenient!
Natalie Ermishina
@natalia_toth Totally, agree, esp when I travel and the baggage weight is limited ebooks always win ))
Peter Tovanov
Digital audiobook 😂
Marvin Mändle
physical, because there is enough screen time during the day
Natalie Ermishina
@marvin_maendle Right you are, it is like an opportunity to switch and relax. Sometimes I also take album books on architecture and photography as a source of not only relaxation, but also inspiration)
André J
Launching soon!
I spend 8h in front of my laptop everyday, So in order to rest my eye I prefer audiobooks
Natalie Ermishina
@sentry_co Audiobooks is always an idea when you want to switch over or just to calm down and relax. Also podcasts help and even inspire sometimes :)
Kirr Simakovs
To relax - physical To grab new content- digital Audiobooks? To fall asleep in 0.001 sec
Ramit Koul
Launching soon!
Always Physical (hardcover preferred :)
Natalie Ermishina
@ramitkoul Oh, cool, you might have an impressive home library!
Sree
Digital and audiobooks are certainly convenient, however, if I want to fully absorb the contents of a book, the quality of a physical book cannot be surpassed.
Sree
Digital and audiobooks are certainly convenient, however, if I want to fully absorb the contents of a book, the quality of a physical book cannot be surpassed. BTW, I would love to connect with you, Natalie.
Nastya Novichikhina
I like the aesthetics of physical books, their smell. Digital are cool too. But audiobooks are difficult for me to perceive, unfortunately. I don't know what the reason is 🤔
Natalie Ermishina
@nastya_leb Oh, exactly, the smell of paper within printing inks, esp just right away from the printing house - that is really smth :)
Geetanjali Shrivastava
I want to vote for physical, but I've started seeing the merits of digital books in the last few years. Managing our large collection of books as we have shifted has become an arduous task.
Natalie Ermishina
@geetanjalishrivastava Yep, completely agree, if you move a lot and don't have your own place it is hard to collect physical library, and in this case - ebooks are a great plus, they are always with you in the phone, and you can get back to them whenever you want to :)
Julia Engelsmann
Definitely physical, just the feeling having something in your hand and the smell of the book 😅
Kabir
paperback for quick read and hardcover for collection for my private library
Priyanka Saini
physical …bcoz of my profession (graphic designer) i always prefer to take a break from digital world.