What's your primary KPI for cold email campaigns?

Deluar Hosain
19 replies
KPIs—or key performance indicators—are measures of the performances of different aspects of a campaign. There are many different types of insights you can gain from tracking email KPIs.

Replies

Agustin Spada
Open rate, reply rate!
Deluar Hosain
@agustin_spada How do you design your campaign to get your targeted result?
I would say 1. Open rate 2. Click through rate 3. Unsubscribe rate
Deluar Hosain
@slimmy82 Great! How do you define/measure the benefits of the Unsubscribe rate?
@mdeluar7 I would look at unsubscribe rate a measure of how inaffective was the messaging to the list. Like was the email list really my target audience? Or was it a waste to purchase that list. Maybe it was my messaging.
Deluar Hosain
@slimmy82 Alright! But do you really purchase a list or prioritize collecting leads with ideal qualities, that convert and decrease your bounce rate?
@mdeluar7 your original post said cold email campaigns. I consider a purchased list cold email campaigns. If you’re collecting emails through a sign up page, I would consider that warm email leads because they opted in themselves. So I probably wouldn’t factor un subscribe rate as much if it’s warm emails
Kathleen Smith
I would say 1. Open rate 2. Click through rate 3. Unsubscribe rate
Whitney wright
Hey Deluar, For cold email campaigns, my primary KPI is usually the open rate. It gives a quick gauge of how compelling the subject line is and whether recipients are intrigued enough to engage. Of course, it's just one piece of the puzzle, and I also keep an eye on click-through rates and responses for a more comprehensive view. What about you? Any specific KPIs that stand out for your cold email campaigns?
Deluar Hosain
@whitney_wright2 Loved your words about Open Rate. I also set Open Rate as my KPI, after opening the mail they can go for further jobs. Sometimes I set the Positive Reply as the Primary KPI when they are my ideal prospect and I have a clear concept about lead validity.
Deluar Hosain
@mr_tariq_waseem_ Open rate is pretty important but why did you set Bounce Rate as your second KIP?
Markk Tong
Launching soon!
Great question! When it comes to cold email campaigns, my primary KPI is usually the response rate. It's crucial to know how many recipients are engaging with the emails and showing interest. Of course, there are other important KPIs to consider, but the response rate is often a key indicator of the campaign's effectiveness.
Deluar Hosain
@markk0217 Great choice! To improve your response where do you focus when design a cold campaign?