What's your preferred mode for work, WFH or WFO?

Hidayt Rahman
46 replies

Replies

Were Samson Bruno
WFH/WFO Both have their benefits; I loath commuting and the time I lose when stuck in a traffic jam; that's why I would rather stay and work from home; however I love the people at the office, and the vibe and energy of the team is great, and the internet is faster too; so I also love working with my team in the office.
Mateo Caño
@samsonroyal agree! having flexibility is great. Do you lease a traditional office or just co-working?
Were Samson Bruno
@mateo_cano I use a a co-working space for low-cost mostly remote duties, and a leased office in a different location for physical meetings when the team needs to see us.
Mateo Caño
@samsonroyal the leased office is long term commitment right? Is hard getting an affordable and flexible space for the short term? As an alternative to the coworking and even for the office too
Carter Michael
I like both to be honest. The social benefits of working in an office are really great for someone like myself who can feel pretty dreary after being alone for a while. BUT, in the last office, I worked at people were sick every day and those who were sick were on a constant rotation. So, you never really went more than 2-3 weeks without having a cold/flu etc. Being sick that much was dreadful. That being said, working on personal projects now, I choose to primarily work from coffee shops in the morning when I feel like getting out. It also allows me to do a lot more work.
Mateo Caño
@carter_barnett I share the same thoughts as you 👆 Are you able to focus from a coffee shop? Why not just going to a co-working? price?
Carter Michael
@mateo_cano It depends! If I'm reading something detailed, then no. But if I'm writing or working on working on a project, 90% of the time I can. There are days that I know if I'm doing something a bit more focus-centric I'll stay home.
Mateo Caño
@carter_barnett right! I like going to the coffee and get some noice too, but I usually end up being uncomfortable (no decent chairs/desks, etc...). One time per week it may be okay but after a while I get tired haha. Haven't you thought about renting a shared space? Not necessarily a co-working but maybe sharing a basic office with a colleague
Carter Michael
@mateo_cano I have, where I'm from they're quite expensive. It would be cheaper to actually rent a complete private office at some places than it would be for a monthly membership for some co-working spaces. What about you? Have you rented one before?
Mateo Caño
@carter_barnett @carter_barnett yeah! Most of the coworkings are too expensive 😵 I usually rent offices on a monthly basis from space owners who have unused space. As I travel quite often these are a perfect mix. Im productive and flexible renting 🚀. But to be honest, its not easy to find these ‘unused’ spaces. How do you search for these?
Aleks Miric
I like switching it up but most days are WFH
Mateo Caño
@a_m4 does your company have offices or just co-working?
Mohamed Zakarya
Both. I believe that either WFO or WFH alone wouldn't be enough. Sometimes you'd need WFO in order to build relations with your teammates and sometimes you'd need WFH in order to take care of yourself. So for me a balance between both would be ideal and healthy
Mateo Caño
@mohamed_zakarya It happens the same to me. Doing a mix is the best. Does your company own offices or just co-working? How do you get that space flexibility?
Mohamed Zakarya
@mateo_cano for now we're still in the co-working phase. But TBH this provides us with more flexibility as we're not fixed on working only in one place. It helps in motivating team members and giving them the freedom to work from wherever they want
Mateo Caño
@mohamed_zakarya how many days per week do you work from the coworking?
Mohamed Zakarya
@mateo_cano for me I go everyday. But for the team it depends on them, we haven't set a rule for that. Some come bi-daily, some weekly, and others only when it's urgent. We felt that by making it flexible the team will not feel forced to do anything they're not willing to
Mateo Caño
@mohamed_zakarya yeah understood. Did this flexibility affect the decision of what office size to rent?
Alessandra Mikail
A combination of both is the way to go for me!
Mateo Caño
@alessmkl does your company provide the office? Otherwise, co-working isn't too expensive?
Anoir Houmou
Both are great, so I'd go with hybrid!
Mateo Caño
@anoirhoumou how do you manage the space flexibility? co-working? isn't this too expensive for your business?
Kulsoom Awan
WFH - no need to dress up, no commute, and saves time :)
Mateo Caño
I've worked from home all of the time, but... Recently this past time I felt the urgent need to go to an office/coffee shop and interact with people. You may feel too alone working from home where they may be weeks you don't even go out 🤓 I think WFH has great advantages, but having the possibility and flexibility of WFO is the perfect mix.