What's your journey on PH? How easy was it to get your first 100 points?

Anastasiia K
9 replies
ProductHunt seems to be going through a new twist in its development, and with more people joining and products being launched, it might be complex to get popular, featured or recognized on the platform. Maybe you've developed some strategy for yourself or just enjoy the platform for what it is. It would be interesting to learn about your journey and progress on the platform :)

Replies

I’ve just tried to be helpful, and that’s how I got my first 100 points
Anastasiia K
@maxwellcdavis Loving it! Thank you for sharing, Maxwell :) Hopefully you get help, insights and genuine connections here as well.
Daniyar Yeskaliyev
I didn't make it to my first 100 points yet, but my advise is just to be active. I try to get involved in launches and discussion that I like or where I have something to share or say. I also check all the comments and upvote ideas that I like and follow people that I like. Some of them get to know me and upvote my comments and participate in my discussions, which I really appreciate. But it's not that hard, it just takes time and I guess PH's goal is to become a part of normal daily routine of anyone who loves new products or is getting ready for their own launch.
Anastasiia K
@dan_yes Looks like after your night comment the situation has changed :) Congratulations on crossing the first 100 points mark! Personally I have also noticed that adding PH fits perfectly into the daily routine. I love the openness of community members here, and to me PH is much more interesting than, e.g. Reddit. I believe there is also moderation here, but so far PH people seem to be genuinely interested in interactions, products and idea sharing, and the percentage of spam or fake users comes to zero.
Daniyar Yeskaliyev
@anastasiiahere I agree that moderation is great. I guess the secret sauce for responsive and friendly community that everyone here wants to either launch their product or get connected with interesting people. That's why people are friendly and responsive. Maybe it's not the most honest approach, but you can really feel when someone chats with you only because they want to launch their product, or because they really have the knowledge to share on a specific product or discussion :) Still, better place than Linkedin, people are less 'plastic' here :)
Relatively easy - just being active and helpful on PH will do the trick;)
Anastasiia K
@oksana_ch yeah seems like magic happens when you actually work hard and express your genuine ideas and thoughts. Loving it here; thank you for taking time and replying Oksana :)
Klaudia Bumgarner
Going to achieve in some days for sure. 💯
Rich Watson
was easy for me, just commented on posts I either liked or had an interest in the topic