What's your impression of AppSumo? Would you recommend launching a deal with them?

Gavin Hammar
9 replies

Replies

Danish Jaffer
yes. If your product is subscription-based it is a wonderful way to get traction and genuine users. I was surprised recently to know that many well-known products were once part of that. I wished I were aware of that and had bought a subscription. Just a caution if those LTD you must honor that so not sure what stage you are in, otherwise maybe try with a free offering.
Gonna follow this thread - always interested me AppSumo launches
Hélène SAN
Hi Gavin! 👋 I launched our product Snackeet on AppSumo a few months ago and honestly, it's a great way of getting a lot of feedback about your product in a short amount of time and improving your product to the best but don't think of it as a source of income So i'd say it depends on what you're looking for :)
Gavin Hammar
@helene_san thanks for sharing your experience! The goal wouldn't be to generate revenue, but rather for brand awareness. I'm wondering if the 70-80% cut they take is worth the marketing and word of mouth it generates.
Hélène SAN
@gavin_hammar TBH if your product is 100% functional and does have a lot of potential then it's definitely worth it, the AppSumo team is available to help and our launch helped us to grow a bigger engaged community so in my point of view, we (my team and I) are satisfied about our launch on AppSumo :)
Mayank Jain
Gavin, great question. LTD is a great way to kick-start your journey. Products like Intercom, Shopify have taken that route. However, that was long back and one should be careful if LTD makes sense for their product today. Some of the things one should be aware of: 1. Be very very clear on the offer for LTD users and how future upgrades will be given to them. 2. As you build the product, cost keeps going up, while there is no revenue from this segment. This might hinder your product development and cash flows. 3. Having a great LTD launch doesn't mean product market fit. You would still go through the entire journey of making people subscribe month on month. However, some of the positives are: 1. Quick feedback from a large set of users 2. Can help you gather social proof in terms of reviews and establish brand 3. Cashflow :)
Iuliia Shnai
Hi Gavin Our team considered a number of things before we launched on AppSumo ✅Need for feedback ✅Need for financial boost ✅ Need to test your tech stack ✅ Need to gather more reviews ✅ Need to test our support team ✅ Is AppSumo crowd your target audience ✅ Need to understand where we stand with our product Here is more info https://www.marbleflows.com/blog...
Alex Robinson
AppSumo is a great way to launch a deal and get exposure for your product or service. I would recommend launching a deal with them. But, 1. Make sure your offer is compelling and provides value to the customer. 2. Make sure you have a plan to drive traffic to your deal page on AppSumo.