What's your hidden launch tip? (Feel free to show off and celebrate)

Kevin Jordan
6 replies
Could be something small, something simple, or some really cool idea you did to launch your product. Feel free to show off, I want to celebrate people's wins!

Replies

Danny Nathan
Launch tip for product hunt specifically, or just tip for when launching something new to the world?
Danny Nathan
@kevjord Fair, Mine would be: everything takes longer than you expect. We get so excited when we're building and releasing a new product that we inherently expect others to mirror that excitement. The reality is that most of the world isn't invested in what you're doing β€” you have to teach them why they should be. And that takes time.
Shajedul Karim
first off, love the spirit of this question. sharing knowledge is how we all grow together. so, here's my 'hidden' launch tip. i'm a believer in the power of stories. every product, every feature, has a story behind it. why it exists, who it serves, the problem it solves. before a launch, i make sure to weave a compelling narrative around it. it's not just about what the product does, but why it does it. then, i share this story - through blog posts, emails, social media. i invite people into the journey. this builds anticipation, creates connection, humanizes the product. when launch day arrives, it feels like a shared celebration, not just a product release. people are excited, not because there's something new, but because they're part of the story. cuz, people resonate with stories, they remember them, they share them. the right story can turn a product into a movement, customers into ambassadors. happy launching, everyone! πŸš€
Kevin Jordan
@shajedulkarim_ I love everything about this, the mentality, the story, and the idea. You're absolutely right, we as humans follow narratives and stories. Thank you for sharing!