What's your favorite platform to get leads and sales?

Cyril Gupta
61 replies
Guys, where do you generate most sales from? For me it's through my Email marketing. I get leads from all over the place and then follow up with emails. Tell me about what's working for you? LinkedIn? Facebook? Twitter? Blogging? Email marketing / outreach? Sales Calls? Would be fun to know how everybody is making their business work.

Replies

Lavanya Snigdha
Email marketing, cold outreach, and sales calls. Everything else is just an avenue to build community for us. If we start to treat social media platforms as a means of bringing in leads it starts to sound too much like marketing speak.
Cyril Gupta
@lavanya_snigdha Hmm. I do use social media a lot to bring leads. Don't regret that all.. Thanks for your insight
Frank Sondors
Cold email using our own platform. I'm sending 7k+ emails assembled programmatically per day.
Cyril Gupta
@profy17 Is that 7k+ emails sent to new people every day? Wow.. that's a great number. How are you collecting that many fresh leads daily?
Melissa Figaredo
Hey Cyril. In the past I've connected with clients and potential clients through platforms but have always followed up via email. Now I've just begun as of this week throwing my focus into cold emails. Have any tips?
Cyril Gupta
@melissa_figaredo To be frank, I don't do cold emails at all, this is one aspect of business I haven't explored.
Syed Muhmmad Fahad Zaidi
LinkedIn? Email marketing / outreach?
Trishala Chhetri
One medium is never enough. Strategic combination of multi channel cold outreach is very effective Cold Email + LinkedIn + call = Best combination if done right.
Deluar Hosain
LinkedIn, Email, Product Hunt, Indie Hacker, Reddit, Twitter, Find us on LinkedIn: NYOX - A Marketing Agency for Small Businesses!
Cyril Gupta
@deluar_001 That's a nice mix. I hung out at indiehacker but things are going slow there. How is your marketing working there?
I love utilizing Telegram for lead follow ups! It just web3
Cyril Gupta
@andriyuh Very interesting.. When I tried Telegram most of the communities there seemed spammy. Your clients don't use Whatsapp or Messenger?
@cyriljeet I agree the groups are spammy however Telegram is #1 messaging app in web3 so that's where i contact leads directly
Cyril Gupta
@oxana_ivanova I have heard it works very well for b2b but I since my ticket size is low I never tried it.
Oxana
@cyriljeet what channels do you use now?
Samyak Jain
Sales calls work the best for us!
Cyril Gupta
@samyak_jain29 That's great! What's your regular ticket size?
Chel Chen
Email Marketing and social media: Try our product - extension + Prompts Library to help you write cold email and social copy (https://www.producthunt.com/post...)
Nirnimes
Mostly Linkedin. We're working on polishing our Email Marketing, do you have any suggestions @cyriljeet?
Neha
Linkedin and email marketing
Nick Anisimov
All together except for emails and direct calls.
Nuno Reis
LinkedIn and in person events that the potential customers may organize!
Nuno Reis
@cyriljeet Thankfully Uptiq catters to Startup Accelerators and they have lots of events where we can just meet :)
Sebastian Janus - derStartupCFO
LinkedIn works pretty well for us.
Kate Smith
I have used most of these platforms, so let me share my thoughts. LinkedIn is more suitable for targeting B2B customers, but the cost is relatively high. However, the audience targeting is precise from a "professional" perspective, and there are many detailed dimensions to use, such as company, industry, connections with competitors, ABM whitelist, positions, etc. The user base is predominantly from Europe and the US, with fewer users from the Asia-Pacific region. In short, it's accurate but a bit pricey. Facebook, on the other hand, is more suitable for both B2C and B2B audiences. It has a cost advantage over LinkedIn due to its larger user base. However, the audience targeting primarily revolves around "interests," which may not be as precise. For example, people interested in "AI, technology, business, robotics" could be quite broad, including tech enthusiasts who might not be your B2B target audience. In summary, it's cheaper but might not be as focused, which can lead to a larger workload for your sales team in lead filtering. As for Twitter advertising, I haven't used it yet, so I can't comment. Now, let's talk about Email marketing. My overall impression is that the reply rate is too low, and your emails may end up in the spam folder, which can be discouraging. Additionally, the writing quality of the emails must be high, and if they are perceived as normal mass emails, the effectiveness is minimal. In short, while it may seem like the cheapest option, the actual threshold for success is quite high.
Cyril Gupta
@new_user__1692023cdded7faa75220cb Thanks for a comprehensive overview. In Emails I get about 2% hitrate with fresh customers
Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
This depends on your go-to-market strategy which is based on your average contract value. Here's an awesome resource to help figure out where you should be at: https://www.thescienceofrevenue....