What's your favorite feature of iOS 16?

Aaron O'Leary
33 replies
iOS16 is finally here and it's exciting! Just updated and getting used to it now. What's your favorite new feature?

Replies

Dawn Veltri
Marking text messages as unread.
Aaron O'Leary
For me it's the new lock screen effects, I love the customisability and also being able to make different lock screens to choose from is awesome
Sair McKee
iOS 16 seems rather underwhelming. The lock screen is a good start, the scrolling notifications at the bottom of the lock screen is also acceptable. Nothing ground-breakingly 'new' though, just keeping up with Android it seems. Is it just me or has Apple become the Android follower? I expect more from Apple, given their historical feature releases. Why is it on my iPhone (iOS 16) key settings are on the left, while on my iPad Air 5 (iOS 15.7) key features are on the right? Am I missing something or is this just an annoying Apple thing?
Anna Filou
@sairmckee Apple has always been the Android follower 🤣 Notification tray, widgets, the ability to change app icons… You name it and it was likely on Android first.
Paul Rusyn
For me, it's the new search system on the home page. I’ve always used that feature, now it’s more comfortable 😎
Frankie Zhang
Lock screen effects!
Imad Badri
I just update my 13pro max to iOS 16 but the lock screens don't display the time as shown in the preview (with the clock behind the subject in the image). Is that feature for iphone14 only?
Edgar Perez
@imadbadri It isn't. Try to check if "Depth effect" is enabled on the bottom right corner, or choose another photo where the subject doesn't cover as much space of the clock
Imad Badri
@codedgar Hey! thanks for your help. I figured that if you're not using widgets the depth effect works fine but, once you add widgets the depth effect is disabled automatically and cannot be activated.
Soumya Chaturvedi
Edit, unsend, and unread Messages on iOS 16
Abhishek kajla
Smoother message management with options like Edit, Unsend, etc
Adam Říha
The new lock screen is not my favorite. My favorites are: 👉 Mail - Remind me + Scheduled send 👉 More weather details 👉 Photo cutout 👌
MD Amirul Islam
1. iphone: Display capsule hole 2. iOS: picture copy and paste
Scott Chen
With iOS 15, Live Text was already excellent. By choosing the text that is present in the photo, such as a phone number or address, you may extract information from it. Since the text in paused video frames is now fully interactive with Live Text in movies, you can do operations like copy and paste, lookup, and translation. Additionally, Live Text with iOS 16 includes support for text in Ukrainian, Japanese, and Korean. Last but not least, data found in pictures and videos may be used by just tapping on it. Convert currencies, translate other languages, track shipments or flights, and more.
Daniel
The new lock screen is amazing! and u could even design the widgets on the lock screen.
Shaur ul Asar
iOS 16 appears to be a minor change in comparison with its predecessors. The lock screen is a good start, as are the notifications that appear at the bottom of the screen when using interactive features such as Apple Pay or Face ID. However, nothing ground-breakingly 'new' appears to be introduced in this release; it merely offers an improvement on what has already been established by other mobile operating systems.
Ismail Egilmez
I like the new notifications preview on the lock screen
Miguel Colaco
The customizable wallpaper 100%
Louis Cirignano
The screen lock widgets are awesome, I love knowing when my next alarm is going to go off, 'as a chronic alarm setter' haha
Tanya Kapoor
I really like the new Lock screen customization feature and the search button on the home screen. Which feature did you like the most?