What's Your Biggest Takeaway from Failure?

Sarvam Fating
27 replies
My biggest takeaway is that Failure is a Redirection. My first Print on Demand store was a big mess and a complete failure. But instead of giving up, I tried looking up Digital Marketing on the whole, back in 2021. That's what helped me pivot towards Copywriting and Content Writing 6 months later. Today, I'm happy I make money as a Writer online. If I had given up after my first startup's failure, I would've just gone back to my boring, miserable life of studying to participate in the rat race.

Replies

Roshni Saraf
There are no failures only lessons. I have been a perfectionist for as long as I remember but once I started seeing how it is affecting my life I have started realizing and trying to control my OCD urge.
Rich Watson
creativity and motivation is what i get out of it
Soumya Chaturvedi
The key is to use failure as an opportunity to focus on your goals, work harder, and get better at whatever it is that you're trying to do. Remember: no one succeed in everything they try!
Simon
I reckon people romanticize failure to stay positive...... because statistically it will be repetitive because of the high failure rate in business....let's call out the elephant in the room. But if it's in your DNA you will keep trying....just be at peace if it is not.
Zed
Seeing failure as an attempt at success and part of the process. This attempt teaches so much and makes you become stronger as a person
Farhan Aslam
I learnt from my mistakes that we should live a balanced life because living a dull and boring life and living very much excited and enjoying life, this can be dangerous sometimes. As Bhuddha said “ if you want to live happy life you need to leave all the pleasure of this fake world and be like a beggar."
Ali Qasim
No matter how hard you try, if the times are wrong, success can never come to you.
angel william
Be patient always. Good things come to you after a long time.
Chris Davis
"No one ever learned anything being right." I was chatting with a mentor of mine a few weeks back and he said that. I wrote it on my whiteboard as a periodic reminder. We can't reach -- or appreciate -- success without failure. So my biggest takeaway is that failure is necessary (and should be sought out).
Sarvam Fating
@imchrisdavis That's a great insight Chris! Failure is definitely necessary to achieve great feats 🚀🙌🏻
Kathleen Smith
Failure broadens your perspective!
Sarvam Fating
@kathleen_smith2 It sure does! Might even teach us more about what exactly needs to be done to fast-track your progress.
Bernard Badó
It's not that bad of a feeling. But coming out of it is!
Wario Sara
Thank you so much for the no matter. Don't worry past time strong forward strong man
Ankit Sharma
Now I don't need to start from scratch. I'll have experienced, hence more confidence the next time.
Sneha Prabhu
Trial and error is a fundamental method of Problem solving. Repeated, varied attempts are continued until success. And I truly apply everywhere.
Om Wow
My biggest takeaway from failure is that I only embark on projects that are worth failing at. For me, that means: If I attempt this and fail, will I have derived something simply out of attempting it? That something can be joy, learning something of value, relationships with people who I want to keep in my life even beyond the scope of said project? I'd rather fail working on something I love, but then at least having spent my time and energy on something I enjoy, than simply grinding and hustling to achieve a certain goal (be it financial, societal impact, etc). That said, I think this is a personal choice and everyone's gotta figure out what the right approach for them is. I'm glad there's people who have a different approach to this, because many of the things I enjoy in life are a direct result of their way of doing things, which is different from mine :)
Alexander Serdyuk
Hello My conclusion. I think that the most important thing is to treat the project as a hypothesis. The most important thing is to check it out. If your hypothesis is confirmed, then your project will be successful. The main thing is to test the hypothesis and the minimum working version of the project