What's your approach to pricing your products or services?

Damla K.
24 replies

Replies

Anindya Chatterjee
I only look at the best estimate of what the market will pay. Then figure out if I can sustainably deliver value for them at a cost I am comfortable. If the answer is no, I will not be profitable, then we know it's a bad bet.
Umair Zubair
A strategic approach to pricing involves considering market demand, competition, costs, and perceived value to set prices that maximize profitability while meeting customer expectations. It requires a balance between pricing strategies such as cost-plus pricing, value-based pricing, and competitor-based pricing to achieve business objectives.
Markk Tong
Launching soon!
my approach to pricing products or services is to conduct thorough market research to understand the value that my offering brings to customers. I take into consideration the production costs, competitive pricing, and most importantly, the perceived value by the customers. I aim to strike a balance between offering a fair price for the value provided and ensuring that it is competitive in the market. Additionally, I always keep an open mind to adjust pricing based on customer feedback and market dynamics to ensure that it remains attractive and valuable to my customers.
Marco Moauro
I proceed in a much more practical way, based on the costs I incur I make an initial price that based on a reasonable number of users covers them, then I look around if there are similar tools and what prices they have and do fine tuning on them. That way in the initial moment I do some various tests and adjust it based on how customers respond :)
Launching soon!
Pricing is a blend of art and science for me. I believe in understanding the value my product or service brings to customers while also considering market trends, competitors, and the cost of delivering that value. It's crucial to strike a balance between being competitive and ensuring the sustainability of the business. I often conduct thorough research, listen to customer feedback, and iterate to find a pricing strategy that aligns with the perceived value and meets the needs of both the customers and the business.
Rahul Mishra
First thing is your costs, then look at your compeititor pricing, effectiveness of your product and then decide about it. That's what we did for our product. You can charge extra if what you are providing is the best but initially it's ok to charge less to capture the market. In the meantime you can see how much customers are willing to pay.
Peter Puhov
I'm trying to keep it simple: 1. Honesty is my principle. 2. No subscriptions required. 3. Avoid upfront registrations – most are scams and people are aware of it. 4. The free version is always fully functional – no surprises after purchase. For my selfie app, I include a small logo in the corner. Users can enjoy the app for free. If they like it, they can "buy me a cap of coffee", which removes the small watermark.
Vivek Sharma
Pricing is an art. I aim for a sweet spot—value-based, competitive, and flexible. Customer feedback is gold; it helps fine-tune the balance. What's your pricing strategy? 🚀💸
Roland Marlow
Launching soon!
I look at similar products and price around them. If I feel like I am better than them and trying to be the premium version, I'll price higher but if I'm lesser or trying to be a cheaper alternative, then obviously I'll price myself lower.
Karan Arora
Test Test Test
Max
When it comes to pricing my products or services, I take a strategic approach. I consider the value I'm providing to my customers, the market demand, and the competitive landscape. I aim to set a price that reflects the quality and uniqueness of what I offer while remaining competitive and appealing to my target audience. It's important for me to strike a balance between profitability and customer satisfaction. Additionally, I regularly review and adjust my pricing strategy to ensure it aligns with the evolving needs of my customers and the market. Ultimately, I want to ensure that my pricing reflects the value my products or services bring to those who use them.
Sathish Nagarajan (SNR)
I analyse it from the prospect perspective and my business perspective Background: Expense is a function of 2 things 1. Affordability 2. ROI Competition Analysis on 1. Competition pricing 2. Market competition serves 3. How long they have been in the market (you might use wayback to research) Expansion analysis 1. Whether your product or service can land and expand 2. Is your unit economics makes sense Cost analysis 1. Whether you can see CAC coming down in the near future 2. Doe the cost of reach is low Above will give you fair idea of how to price
Anna Jack
Pricing is a blend of art and science for me. I believe in understanding the value my product or service brings to customers while also considering market trends, competitors, and the cost of delivering that value. It's crucial to strike a balance between being competitive and ensuring the sustainability of the business. I often conduct thorough research, listen to customer feedback, and iterate to find a pricing strategy that aligns with the perceived value and meets the needs of both the customers and the business.
Oliver Thomes
Test Test Test Test Test
Nithin Jawahar
We sell digital products, so all are one-time purchases. In terms of pricing, we keep increasing the price of a product after each milestone. Starting with lowest pricing during pre-orders ($20-$30), a launch price ($40-$50), and then price hikes for every 50-100 sales (> $100) We make sure those who support early get the best discount, So they become our loyal customers in the future. And they are eager to buy our new launches.
Noah Wittman
The best way is to test what your customers are willing to pay for it by asking them :) Sounds obvious, but theory can only get you so far. When you put a real proposal in front of them you'll get a good sense if you are too high, too low, or just right :)
Light💡
Generally price around your competitors and eventually you will land in a sweet spot. When considering high vs. low, lean towards a higher price initially as you can always add discount codes and incentives down the funnel - demos, newsletters etc. - as it's hard to raise prices once the floor's been set....
Lot of fake and AI responses here…. Customer surveys, interviews and competitor pricing
Siddesh Raut
The Pricing approach is based on thorough market research, cost analysis, and value-based pricing. Mainly, closely study competitors, gather customer feedback, and may experiment with pricing models. Transparency, long-term vision, and adaptability are key principles guiding our pricing strategy.
I seriously try to be simple. I do a competitor research, set a price then according to customer acquisition cost, I increase it :D