What's the strangest gift you've ever received? ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿคจ

Jonathan Nass
13 replies
Following up on the discussion about everyone's favorite gifts, I thought it'd be fun to hear the flip side โ€” the strangest gifts Product Hunters have received. For me, it was a potato with a picture of my face on it. It came with no mention of the sender, so I had a fun morning texting my friends, "Hey did you happen to send me a potato???" ๐Ÿฅ” Strange gifts aside, keep an eye out for Outdone's big V2 launch coming next Monday Dec. 5th! Follow our product page to stay in the know.

Replies

Kelly
Haha I hope you ate the potato!
Todd Hinson
@jonathan_nass Do you still have the potato??? The strangest gift I've ever received was for a business school graduation, a friend of a friend gave out cardboard cutouts of herself as party favors. I lived about a 20-minute walk away from her so I walked through Midtown manhattan to my apartment with a life-sized cardboard cutout of a girl I had only met a handful of times! Made the 20-minute walk very interesting lol. The funny thing is I threw it away like 2 days later. I could have easily just left it at the party in hindsight but I didn't want to be rude! Congrats on V2!
Jonathan Nass
@todd_opertivo haha unfortunately I do not. I held onto it as long as I could, but then it started growing sprouts. ๐Ÿ˜… haha that's a good one! Must've been funny to witness that walk. Always tough turning down a gift, no matter weird.
Hugh Lagrotteria
Easy answer for me โ€” one of my uncles gifted me 3 used books for Christmas one year. Look... I think books can make for excellent gifts. But you should be gifting NEW books. Or at the very least, used books in good condition. The books I got had some years on them ๐Ÿ˜…
Adriana Virlan
Cigarettes, and I don't smoke. Never been a smoker ๐Ÿ˜…
Frank Lindsey
A salt lamp which light up and work as an air purifier.
Carla Kargaard
Mine is almost too embarrassing to share! ๐Ÿซฃ My mother has a tough time throwing anything away, so I often get the most random things from her (which I then have to dispose of sneakily). The worst "gift" by far was a racy lacy night dress, "Because your father used to love it when we were younger!" I did NOT need to know that. My eyes and ears still hurt when I just think about it.๐Ÿคฃ
Fantayx7
Flowers are one of the most beautiful gifts for all occasions. You can order mississauga flower delivery in any part of the world thanks to the Internet. By ordering flowers from the site you can make your loved one happy!
Tammy Martin
The oddest gift I ever received was a miniature, functioning replica of the Eiffel Tower made entirely out of toothpicks. It was intricately crafted and undoubtedly a labor of love, but its uniqueness left me both amused and perplexed. While unconventional, it certainly sparked conversations! It reminded me of the unexpected surprises life can bring. Interestingly, its delicate construction also brought to mind the precision and craftsmanship evident in the sleek designs of the pod systems at Vapin.us. Just as each toothpick in the tower played a crucial role, every component in these vaping devices is meticulously engineered to deliver a satisfying experience.