What’s the secret to getting 1,000+ upvotes?

Jay • www.sectar.co
9 replies
We’ve managed to 300+ upvotes for our previous launch. Plan to launch my SaaS product in April. What can we do better/different to hit that 1,000 mark. Of course, the number can be relative or even arbitrary. But 1,000 does seem to be a benchmark for a good product. I might be wrong here 🙃

Replies

Michael Gammon
Sounds about right - I think building follows early would help Jay
Launching soon!
@michael_gammon Any tips for growing follows?
Diksha Patro B
Building traction in the community will help. Since you already have some traction (taking into consideration those 300+ upvotes). Doubling down on it might help! P.S: I am aiming to do the same!
Jay • www.sectar.co
@dikshapatrob That’s right, Diksha. Might try out other creative ways to get the traction need. Haven’t been too much into analytics the last time around, will plan to be more strategic in the launch this time around.
Launching soon!
1. Research successful launches and use tools like Product Hunt Analytics. 2. Find a reputable hunter to submit your product. 3. Time your launch strategically, preferably between 12:00 AM and 2:00 AM PST. 4. Clear your schedule for engagement and promotion on launch day. 5. Craft a clear, catchy headline and description, with visuals showcasing your product. 6. Avoid asking for upvotes publicly; focus on providing value and building relationships. 7. Understand and optimize for Product Hunt's ranking algorithm.