What's the one launch tip you wish you knew before launching on Product Hunt?🏆

Bart Drijver
25 replies
We'll be launching Taglayer on Product Hunt soon and I've read all the blogs, tips, how-to's etc. but I was wondering what your ultimate tip would be. Was there something the blogs etc. didn't mention and would've really helped you? 🤔

Replies

Colby Shelton
- Didn't prioritize connecting with other Makers; learn what worked/didn't work - Lack of prep with emails to send to our subscribers - We solely focused on growing our socials like Twitter and Instagram but didn't promote the Product Hunt prelaunch on those platforms - We launched before we had all of our design assets loaded; namely our awesome video promo.
@colbyprompt Did you connect only on PH or other channels like LN also?
Jamesky
Some things I did wrong when I first launched on Product Hunt with my previous company is that I didn't build relationships with the community before launching. - I didn't engage with other products, ask for feedback, or share relevant content, which made it difficult to gain traction for my launch. - I didn't have a clear and attention-grabbing headline and description, and I wasn't prepared to answer questions from the community. Finally, I didn't do enough to promote my launch on social media and other channels, which resulted in a lack of visibility for my product. But hey, you live and you learn right?
Kim HM
@jamesky1 Your experience is very valuable for us to learn from. Our company is also planning to put our product on Product Hunt in the next 1-2 months, and it seems like we still have a lot of preparatory work to do. Thank you so much for sharing!
Bart Drijver
@jamesky1 Thanks for sharing, these are very valuable lessons I'll keep in mind!
David J. Kim
@jamesky1 By sharing relevant content, are you talking about within producthunt itself or in your Twitter/LinkedIn?
Jamesky
@between_team everywhere. If you share something that has to do with your company/brand. Make sure you stay on topic to reach the right crowd. It’s better to launch with 100 people who are actually interested in your product than with 500 people who don’t care about it.
Kim HM
This is indeed an excellent question, and I found valuable suggestions from it. Wish you great success and get the top ranking on Product Hunt!
srprs
1. Be active on the website before the launch. 2. Pre-launch. 3. Contact an experienced Hunter. 4. Launch between Tuesday & Thursday.
Mila Dymnikova
Hey @srprs, just curious, what do you mean by "contact an experienced hunter"? :)
André J
Launching soon!
To have the infra to handle the demand after
Ozan
This is me reading this thread as I have a launch in two days: 👀
Matt
@irturko Is there a launch support group of makers to tap into? We're launching this weekend!
Shubhangi
leverage every possible distribution channel
Praveen Mishra
It's a 24-hour-long marathon and you WILL HAVE to run it. Prepare yourself mentally & physically. As we wrap, I'd love for more support. This community has already given us so much!
Bart Drijver
@praveen_mishra6 Was it necessary to be present with your whole team for 24h nonstop or did you take shifts so some people could take breaks in between?
Praveen Mishra
@bartdrijver97 half of our team stayed online for 24hous straight with 2-3 hours of sleep. Our tech team was at the backend helping users, addressing queries, replying to comments, etc while other half focused on distribution.