What’s the most popular trend in Web3 right now?

Tanya Jeon
27 replies
Some people think that NFTs are not that popular anymore. NFTs were the hottest things in the market in 2021. But now their trading volumes have crashed. And what about X-to-earn concept? That topic has been really popular this year. Within a little over a year many concepts have been released - move-to-earn, play-to-earn, learn-to-earn,… Does this concept continue to evolve? So I’m just wondering, what are the trends in Web3 right now?

Replies

Farhan Aslam
The metaverse is a hot trend just about everywhere right now, with everyone from Facebook to Microsoft pulling together their ideas for the “next level” of the internet.
Aishwarya Naudiyal
Some of the popular trends are: Decentralized Finance Tokenization Decentralized Data Management Virtual Identities Peer-to-Peer Networking Semantic Web Cryptography
Tanya Jeon
@aishwarya_naudiyal looks like Decentralized Finance and Virtual Identities are becoming really popular now. thank you for support of this discussion!
Mukeshy
One of the top emerging Web3 is TARO, the native cryptocurrency of RobotEra's metaverse-based gaming platform.
Tanya Jeon
@random_video_md I've never been good at gaming lol. but their whitepaper looks impressive. thanks!
Arnab Mishra
Decentralised data management seems like a popular trend in Web3, especially ideas like blockchain based data storage.
Gajanan Sawale
i think the most treading will be NFTs. So basically in NFTs have been one of the biggest drivers of Web3 adoption in recent years.
Mayank Malviya
@gajanan_sawale Indeed , metaverse and NFTs are the talk of the decade and people have started adapting this trend across different domains.
Sairaj Chile
The best Web3 is RobotEra - its for Cryptocurrency.
Bipin Gaikwad
So far, the financial markets infrastructure providers have attracted the largest chunk of web3 company funding.
Daria Flack
Play-to-earn games are really popular now. Also, decentralized finance and decentralized social networks seem be trending concepts in the future.
Anna Erst
I think DeFi apps and P2E games are trending these days. Plus, NFTs are also gonna play an important role in the future. I see it this way: NFTs will continue to thrive as technology for IDs and in-game collectibles. But I'm only not sure if people will be interested in those NFTs that were popular back in 2021.
Tanya Jeon
@anna_erst yes, it does make sense. those NFTs that were popular last year are no longer interesting. but they can still help a lot with other stuff. thank you!
Xenia Volnistaya
Security, obviously! Nowadays there are a lot of scammers in Web3. Even crypto&NFT OGs are loosing their assets rn. On my opinion it's really important to make Web3 more safety and to teach users how to stay protected.