What's the most life-changing book you've ever read?

Shawn Myers
56 replies

Replies

Primer
Unscripted by MJ DeMarco
Cristina Bunea
overall, I think it's Man’s Search for Meaning. but more recently, it's one I didn't expect — Until the End of Time from Brian Greene. I've read some of his other books, but for some reason this one stood out. a lot of it also has to do with timing. I was going through some life-changing things at the time, so I guess that played a role. wbu?
Shawn Myers
@cristinaibunea haven't heard of either of them but Man's Search for Meaning seems really interesting. Mine would probably be The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck. Hard to implement a lot of what it talks about but for the most part it was really funny and thought-provoking!
Jernej Samide
@worldvishawn1 Yea TSAoNGaF is a good one. Although as you said if you will start living 100% like this it will become quite difficult :D
Jimmy
I don't like books but it changed my life when I came into contact with smart people.
Bharat Chhabra
The message from "Who Moved My Cheese?" really stuck with me. I tend not to dwell on my accomplishments for too long now.
Sharath Kuruganty
Atomic Habits by James Clear.
Madeleine Lamou
@5harath so many have been raving about it. Is it really that good?
Steven Wirges
One Billion Dollar, Andreas Eschbach
John Walt
Better Simpler Strategy by Felix Oberholzer-Gee was the most life changing business book i've read. Antifragile by Nassim Taleb changed the way I saw work and the world. Probably would second Man's Search for Meaning as one of the most profoundly impactful book I've read in any genre.
David
Daring greatly by Brene Brown
This might not be a life changing book for most. For me it was my first book "How to think like Dhoni"; This book kept me engaged for someone who never reads books. So following, I started to pick more books and I m happy to give credits to my first book
Robertas Rudys
"The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle
Jernej Samide
@robertasrudys I like that one as well. Did you try sitting on a bench in a park for 4+ hours doing nothing? :)
Paul (Riston)
On startups - 1. zero to one - peter theil On running a business - 2. shoe dof - phil knight On habit formation -3. atomic habits - james clear On dealing with others 4. How to win friends and influence people - dale carnegie
Jernej Samide
@riston_thomas 4. How to win friends and influence people - dale carnegie One of my favorites. Simple written and yet so powerful and implementable.
Rahul Mehta
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and The Power of Intention by Michael Lewis. Both novels discuss the power of belief and how our thoughts have a powerful effect on our lives.
Jernej Samide
Hard to pick one book out of so many great one's. Dale Carnegie's How to win friends and influence people is a book anyone who wants to improve relationships and also his/her career can learn something from. A lot of things will seem obvious, but if you really implement them they will be powerful - I promise :). Warren Buffet e.g. went to seminars of Dale Carnegie.
Ankit
Winning, by Tim Grover 🔥
Dannyy Nagpal
I think Misbehaving was the most interesting book I have ever read. From the premise of Humans are irrational beings, to proving it, makes it so fun. After this book, economics was truly shown as a new pathway of behavioral economics. It makes me feel how many times humans get trapped in their irrational behaviors.
DDK
Essentialism by Greg McKeown
Captn  Cav
Outwitting the devil by Napoleon Hill. The Audible version is an epic adventure, https://amzn.to/3R3qJtf. (affiliate quicklinx) Extreme Ownership by Jako W. The Art of Impossible by Steven C. A trifecta!
Martin Bokša
English books in general (nine out of ten non-native speakers agree 😁)
Yash
Launching soon!
Animal farm: Great book. ~some animals are more equal than others :)