What's the most challenging aspect of making a product launch video and how to overcome it?

Shaifali Mehta
16 replies

Replies

vivan puri
I use screen.studio - one of the best tools I have found for making basic videos. And then I use IMovie to add any music / voice over
Alexander Chernikov
Finding a good room to record voice in.
Justin Bassett-Green
@alexander_chernikov1 my biggest advice for anyone is to hire a voice actor for your product video. It isn't expensive and it makes the difference between me watching the full demo vs ten seconds.
Fabian Maume
You shouldn't over-think the video. From my experience a simple loom recording works fine.
Nigee
Think about the structure of the video, use loom and just get it done. A good structure to use: Introduction: Start with a brief introduction to the product and why it was created. This could include a problem the product solves or a unique feature it offers. Product demonstration: Show your audience how the product works and how it can be used. Demonstrate its key features and benefits in action, highlighting its ease of use and practicality. Customer testimonials: Share testimonials from early users of the product. These testimonials could highlight the benefits of the product and provide social proof of its effectiveness. Competitive advantage: Highlight how your product stands out from the competition. This could include unique features, better performance, or other factors that make it superior to other products in its category. Call-to-action: Encourage viewers to take action, whether that's to pre-order the product, visit your website, or sign up for updates. Be sure to provide clear instructions on how to do so. Conclusion: Wrap up your video by summarizing the key benefits of the product and reiterating why it's worth investing in. You could also include a teaser for future updates or new products in the pipeline. Remember to keep your product launch video concise, engaging, and informative. By following this structure, you can effectively showcase your new product and generate excitement around its launch.
Veselin Kostov
@heynigee Great advice! I have the video planned for tomorrow and this definitely helped with some unknowns :)
Nigee
@veselin_kostov You're welcome, i make videos all the time. Keep it under <3 min and have that in the copy. See how The Work Sages works in under 3 mins. Keep it concise to the point, remove all filler words. Just gold. Send a link for feedback
Shaifali Mehta
@heynigee Thank you for the detailed outline. Really helpful. Mind trying out illusto.com and give us candid feedback?
Nigee
@shaifali_mehta Sure, the site looks good. Using the Agile method i'm sure it will change over time. For the video, your should have a live demo. lets go from this (show heaps of files) to this (show your final video edit in the software) listing features is nice, but the way to get attention is by solving the problem (making videos is hard) if you focus on solution rather than features it will connect with your ICP Does that help?
Richard Gao
Probably figuring out the editing software and how to use certain features Been using Wondershare Filmora for years now and it's still a chore to create promotional videos for evoke-app.com haha
Shaifali Mehta
@richard_gao2 Try out illusto.com and give us some candid feedback
Mehdi Rifai
Turning the camera on 😅 It's the only thing where procrastination always prevails for me
In my experience, editing the video, finding the right tool and figuring out how to use it takes the most time, I don't mind the filming part :)
Heleana Grace
Trying to do too much in one video. Launch day is exciting and you might have hundreds of ideas for your first video, but putting too many of them in can make the video messy. Instead, I recommend just answering three questions: What product is it? What does it do? Why it's needed? Everything else you can leave for future videos. This will allow you to have a pretty good content calendar and distribution strategy too.