What’s the most annoying thing for you in Product Analytics?

Rohan Chaubey
5 replies
As a product marketer, I’ve always found Product Analytics tools super-hard to use. I have to rely on the engineering team to set them up, and then I need to be trained in data analysis to get any meaningful insights. Plus - if the pricing is based on events, it’s super unpredictable - you never know how many clicks your users rack up, and no matter how useless they are for you - you have to pay hundreds, if not thousands of dollars per month for them. Which analytics tools are you using now and what are your pet peeves about them? Have you found a workaround? Let me know in the comments. :) I hunted Userpilot on Product Hunt today. It makes Product Analytics easy for product & growth teams with actionable insights from Trend analysis, spot drop-offs and improve trial-to-paid conversion rate with Funnels, and understand the impact of Cohort Analysis -- without technical setup! Check it out here: https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Bilal Ahmad
Dealing with inconsistent tracking. Across tools and even across product updates, leading to gaps in our data and making it nearly impossible to get a clear, long-term view of user behavior and feature adoption. And don't get me started on the GA4 data. Been struggling to make sense of it since we migrated from UA.
Lusine Sargsyan
The dependency on the engineering team and the steep learning curve for meaningful insights are the most challenging for me. Can't wait to try Userpilot's analytics.
Emilia Korczyńska
Paying as you go for all the events 🤯 you can easily rack up thousands of $ per month that way for a 'free' tool
André J
Launching soon!
making meaning out of the data
Dipak Savaliya
I totally get the hurdles you've mentioned. To save on costs, I often use open source tools on our own cloud platform. For example, instead of Hotjar, we've tried using Posthog. Your suggestion of Userpilot caught my eye, and it seems like a good way to make Product Analytics easier.