What's the easiest way to reach the first 100 users?

Vali Lupoaie
20 replies
Hello everyone! What do you think, how can one reach 100 at app launch?

Replies

Jakub Piskor
It depends on the product/project, but I would say outreach 1:1. Not the quickest but cheaper.
Vali Lupoaie
@jakub_piskor I can think here of friends and family. Do you have another idea? It's a travel app btw.
Jakub Piskor
@valilus I would go to communities (Travel Subreddit, for example) and personally contact users who express interest in a topic that your app solves. Also, I would launch your app in travel subreddits and ask for feedback. It can attract first users too.
Rich Watson
our first 100 users came from Discord.
Frankie Zhang
@richw Heyy. Can you say more on how you get people on board from Discord? Did you reach out to them 1 on 1? Did you create a community for your users? Thanks in advance.
Rich Watson
@frankie_zhang We have a community server. We have our server listed on Discord listing websites which drives them in such as disboard.org or top.gg. Our Discord bot is in over 1,400 server which also attracts new users to our app
Paxshal
>> Friends/Family/Relatives >> YC Startup School Course or similar courses/groups (you can build a good network there and get your target users) >> Meetup/Startup Events
Vali Lupoaie
@pax93fcb great advice! I had in mind 1 and 3, don't know much about option 2. I was taking part to the YC Startup School, but it wasn't thaat interesting so I didn't get super involved. Are there communities or something like that, that I could join?
Paxshal
@valilus I enrolled it this time and made some good connections with fellow and aspiring founders. My motive was to grow network who can support us during product launch. Apart from YC, there is a discord group of "This Week in Startups" - By Jason Calacanis. I haven't been active on that lately, however have seen some good engagements back then. May be, worth checking it out.
Oscar Wehbe
I think the most important thing is to get users that are likely to give you feedback on your product and are going to be understanding when there are bugs and messy updates. For that reason, I would get as many friends and family (or people from early adopter communities) as possible and try and build a product they think is worth sharing with their feedback and your vision in mind.
Vali Lupoaie
@oscar_wehbe great advice, Oscar! Do you have experience with feedback gathering? How do you do that?
Clement Surry
I think it is more about reaching the relevant 100 people. Should consider even one on one interaction against the right user.
Frankie Zhang
@clement862 Totally agreed, Clement. Can you share more how you get your 100 users. We are about to do the Beta test, struggling with getting the users.
Derrick Abincha
Hey @valilus, joining the conversation :) Eager to learn how to "crack" the first 100 users
Adam Říha
I'd say the best way is to reach out to users directly. Find users in communities by app targeting. (Reddit, FB groups etc.)
Nitin P
Building in public can be another way. If you are on Twitter use #buildinpublic
Vali Lupoaie
@nitin_p thanks for sharing. didn't think of that. How do I find you on twitter?