What's the biggest sales mistake you made?

Vlad Zivkovic
38 replies

Replies

Muhammad Ali
Wrong product or wrong market
Marilyn Barnes
One of my biggest sales mistakes was not clearly identifying and understanding my target customer's needs before pitching, leading to an ineffective presentation that didn't resonate with them, but it taught me the crucial importance of thorough customer research!
Mahnoor Ahmed
I once pitched a product to a customer without doing enough research into their needs. I didn't take the time to understand their business or what they were looking for, and as a result, I failed to make a sale.
Gabriel Greyson
I made the mistake of thinking that the customer always knows best. I took my customer's word without confirming facts and asked for payment before the product was delivered. This resulted in a loss of time and money for me.
Zain alam
Less market research I can say
Bibhu Panda
Not using common sense during my early career. Now I know why its so important and I am applying the same.
Nick Anisimov
I offered a discount when the customer simply requested one. Then I realized, why did I do it?
Hayden Foster
I think the biggest sales mistake I made was not taking the time to really get to know the customer.
Oleg Eltsov
Wasting time on potential customers who are not willing to pay.
Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
The biggest mistake I've made and I've seen many founders make is just not selling.
Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
@vladimir_zivkovic true! and just sitting around, building instead of selling won't get us anywhere either.
Shajedul Karim
biggest mistake? thinking sales is all about 'selling'. you see, early in my journey, i was eager, excited. had a great product, wanted everyone to have it. so i sold. hard. it didn't take long to see the problem. i was talking, not listening. selling, not understanding. i learned. sales isn't just 'talking about the product'. it's about understanding the customer. it's a dialogue, not a monologue. i took a step back. started asking more, talking less. learned about the customer's pain points, their needs, their goals. it's not just about 'how great my product is'. it's about 'how my product can solve their problem'. i made the mistake. but it taught me. and it made me better. so if you're selling, remember to listen. because sales isn't just about 'selling'. it's about 'solving'. your thoughts?
Alex Petruchio
Didn't sign a contract 😅
yash
Shared more personal beliefs which could be true, but companies wanna it from a global perspective
Treebel S
Vlad, I should just be reading your posts everyday as a morning routine it seems. would love your feedback on (https://www.producthunt.com/post...)
Not having a clearly defined Sales Funnel to get customers from Signup to Purchase.
DJ Molding
It's really very informative post. It's help me more. Thanks for sharing with us. I also share this topic best silicone adhesive glue for electronics assembly, electronic epoxy encapsulant potting compounds, insulating epoxy coating for electronics and so on. https://www.electronicadhesive.com/
Amulya Prasad
Not finding ways to connect with a customer. It's hard with some customers to strike off a conversation. Early in my career, I did not give enough time to build a rapport with the customer. I've now realized that selling becomes easy only when there is that connection. Even if you didn't sell at that moment, if the person remembers you, there is a high chance of them coming to you later for the service. I can't stress it enough. BUILD A RAPPORT AND THEN PITCH!
Kunal Mehta
As a cofounder of ProApp, our biggest sales mistake was initially underestimating the importance of customer feedback. We were so focused on marketing and acquiring new users that we neglected to actively listen to our existing customers. This oversight resulted in missed opportunities for product improvements and customer satisfaction. However, we quickly learned from this mistake and implemented a robust feedback system, which has since helped us enhance our product and build stronger relationships with our users.
Richa Sharma
Not using a sales engagement platform and instead relying on anecdotal feedback. Indulging in mass cold email send-out instead of personalizing the messaging and channel of communication for each prospect. Limechat, one of our partners, shared their experience of increasing their qualified pipeline by 120%. I think it would help, so here it is https://upscale.ai/upscale-custo....
Thomas Seillan
Trusting the wrong person with making that sale - and it wasn't me!