What's the biggest challenge when it comes to reading news today?

Emilio Grimaldi
19 replies
Keeping in mind of the AI generated content flooding everywhere.

Replies

IMO I think it’s hard to take any news at its value without researching facts. It’s so one sided or other now days. Also news has become more of an opinion than fact based. They report parts of stories to resonate with their core viewership. What are your thoughts?
Chusana Prasertkul
@slimmy82 I agree. I also share this sentiment. I'm subscribed to Bellingcat's work. They are a group of journalists using open source intelligence. Their published articles on Russian/Ukraine war, Israel/Palestine are worth reading. So much fact-checking has been done and just overall very well presented. But using Bellingcat is just one of the methods. In this era of propaganda on steroid, everyone just needs to be better equipped to critically think for themselves. It's good to be subscribed to people you don't actually agree with too. Gaining more perspectives seems to be the only way to increase compassion and understanding in human beings.
Emilio Grimaldi
@slimmy82 @chusana I agree - we need to hear the two sides of a story while maintaining factuality, and have the ability to remove propaganda from the context of the news that are mentioned. At the end of the day, all news channels and personalities are trying to sell their audiences something other othan trying to report the actuality of information.
Flatley Richie
I've seen children as young as eight years old playing a game called cookie clicker. You can tell a lot about people through their voices. Because they don't actually play the game in a competitive manner and they occasionally simply do whatever they want in it, they can be quite unpleasant. They also tend to make a lot of noise. Nonstop talking and yelling.
Henry Habib
It's tricky to tell if it's written by a human or  AI. The hype around certain stories just makes it all the more confusing. Sometimes, sorting out between fact and fake news is no walk in the park!
Emilio Grimaldi
@henry_habib There is definitely a lot of work to be done in identifying clickbaits and even most notable and reputable sources use clickbaits to their advantage, risking the access of factual information!
Artyom Sviridov
Well, news in general tend to be one-sided (imo) and require additional research. And yes, today we're also facing a problem of overflowing with AI-generated stuff.
Joseph D Garner
One has less time to do so.
Emilio Grimaldi
@joseph_d_garner That's true, there is just too much content and not enough time to swim through them
Prem Saini
Filtering through information "Too Much Information"
Emilio Grimaldi
@natella_nuralieva That's an interesting point! Are you thinking of anxiety in terms of news typically covering "bad" news where the world is always reporting activities that are negative?
Millie Miller
Distinguishing fact from fiction
Melvin Pitts
Overcoming information overload
Ash Carey
Staying engaged and informed.
Jovana Djekovic
The biggest challenge with reading news today is definitely navigating through the overwhelming amount of AI-generated content. It's tough to find quality and relevant articles when there's so much noise out there
Ali RRR
very good article thanks for sharing ... Mohsen Chavoshi