What's the best way to market your product if you don't have an audience and no budget for ads?

Cyril Gupta
11 replies
Alright marketers, This is a question for you. If you were launching a product today and you didn't have budget for ads and you also didn't have a ready made audience like an influencer. What would you do? How would you find buyers for your product? I am sure many of us have already confronted this question and many of us have actually gone ahead and done it. So do share...

Replies

Gibril Longmene
this is really a question for me. i hope to find the answer too
Cyril Gupta
I'll share how I did it. When I first started I didn't have the audience or the budget, so I sought out a blogger who was into digital marketing and collaborated with her to launch my first product to the market. I gave out 65% of my revenues, but it was worth it... It was quite a long time ago
Etiene Dalcol
@cyriljeet What did the blogger do exactly?
Cyril Gupta
@etiene_dalcol They had a contact who was a leading marketer. The marketer did a special launch of my product and we all got a percentage. I got a nice payout!
Uma Venugopal
Build in public, sharing your roadmap on socials and creating a brand footprint, incentivising early adopters to refer/share
Dave @ FunnelLab
The reply section on any social media platform is a goldmine. You may not have access to pay an influencer but you do have direct access to their followers. By replying to comments or posting meaningful comments yourself, you will get click throughs to your profile and will grow from there. I believe Gary Vee promotes something called the $1.80 method which would be great for this.
Elena Tsemirava
I'm trying to be active here on PH and also on LinkedIn. Maybe it's not the most effective way, but it doesn't demand any budget at all.