What's the best chrome extension for startup founders? or Any good extensions you are using?

John Koo
22 replies
The extensions I would recommend are - Whatfont: Find the name of any font used on a website - Wordtune : Edit and proofread (this is a paid app, worth every penny) - Toby : Bookmark app - Wappalyzer : Find what tech stack they are using on a website What's your recommendation?

Replies

Nadezhda Babushkina
Is it true that chrome extensions are sometimes considered as a software category, of a kind?
Nadezhda Babushkina
Trying to understand what are the benefits (for a founder) to use a service in a chrome browser specifically. Instead of using it in a mobile app or a browser or whatever
John Koo
@nadenade They're legit, of course. Developers seem to do many of these for fun, but there are hundreds of extensions that make a decent amount of profit.
John Koo
@nadenade One of the benefit of using chrome extension is that you can use it over the top of other websites. For example, I use blackmagic.so over twitter.com and it provides simple CRM, Analytics and many useful features over the twitter.
Aaron O'Leary
Grammarly, not a CEO or anything but being a solo maker it's a lot of content writing, e-mailing, and tweeting, Grammarly automatically fixing it all up is a life-saver.
John Koo
@aaronoleary Thanks for the reply, I also use Grammarly. it fixes typos here and there. Combining it with Wordtune helps me a lot.
Evelina Radoycheva
@aaronoleary @imjohnkoo haven't heard about Wordtune before but I just checked it and it looks promising. I'll definitely give it a try.
John Koo
@aaronoleary @eve_rad English is not my first language and Wordtune helps me alot to rephrase my writing. hope it helps!
Saloni Jain
I love the SEO meta in 1 click. Helps me a lot to take care of my website and simplifies SEO for the ones who are not experts.
Haseeb Zahid
Try Let Me Search. It's a tool to help you build your personal search engine. Allows you to save and recall anything on the internet. Disclosure: I helped build it.
Rebecca Tany
Moz is a must for SEO
John Koo
@rebeccatany It seems like there are a lot of SEO tools out there, what makes Moz stand out?
charles shiro
Search page summary. Faster understanding of search results. Summary for Google with ChatGPT https://chrome.google.com/websto...
Gordana Laskovic
Collabwriting. All your team's research in one place. :)
Max Krasilov
I also like Similarweb to check MAU of competitors