What’s one acquisition channel you want to explore more? Why?

Sveta Bay
58 replies

Replies

Den Freeman
I'm trying twitter, but it's so bad with DMs (it's basically fully spammed, and nobody reads them). I'm honestly thinking it would be cool to make a kind of payment or DMs (like Debank does)
Ramya Chinnadurai ✨
I want to explore Reddit. Because most of my paid users are getting converted from there. Need to explore this channel.
Nuno Reis
@code_rams Sounds like a good channel already :D What are you doing so far that gets you good convertion from reddit?
Simon Olson
@code_rams Me too - reddit is a very interesting channel
Nithin Jawahar
Reddit is just 💯 I got amazing results from it too, so I went researching for the best subreddits to promote a SaaS product and found 13 of them so far.You can find the list of subreddits here: https://launchpedia.co/places-to...
Blake Menezes
@code_rams +1 on reddit. Been a big fan already. Have you played with Howitzer yet?
John Koo
@code_rams looks like many people keeping eye on reddit. what's your thought about linkedin?
Bala P
Channel about online finance
Heleana Grace
Definetly cold outreach. We've done it with an agency, and it is awesome! One week in and we got about 12 leads and 2 calls so far. Companies that raised from 300k to 800M series G lol. But the average is at 20-50M. I think cold outreach is a great channel but if you don't have your value prop clearly defined, you will not see good results.
Rish
@heleana Definitely want to explore more of this this year! b2b sales might be more effective with cold outreach
Joseph Natoli
@heleana Hey Helena, curious if you could share what you have done. I have tried cold out-reach and only ran into walls. Happy to chat more through e-mail if you don't want to share publicly! joe at join looft dot com
Heleana Grace
@joseph_natoli Definitely! We've tried cold outreach before and it was poorly done. The value prop was general and the targeting was poor. Here are a few pointers: 1. Target the type of people that are already using your service/product. Kind of no-brainer but we originally targeted founders of funded companies altough we've mostly worked with VPs of marketing or other marketing leadership folks. So leave your convictions about target audience at the door and see who's actually using the product. :D 2. Warm your emails, don't email from your domain and other technical stuff you can find more info on lemlist's blog. (or use an agency that knows what they're doing) 3. Focus on just getting their interest and no necessary selling from the first email or pushing for a meeting. Our approach is pretty simple but very effective. We show them the opportunity they have with organic video content and asking them if they want to see a content plan. 4. Some sort of social proof is important. For us, we have videos that we've created for Saas companies that are pulling hundreds of thousands of views organically so we definitely showcase those as we just followed the same recipe for getting those views as the one we are selling them. This is the gist of it. Now, we are brand new with this initiative so we're still figuring out how many of these leads we can convert. But it's promising. Hope this helps!
Ashlyn Bambina
I wanna explore reddit because i find it difficult to find topic related to my niche and I'm really confused in how to gain more karma points as well...
Barnee Lloyd
@ashlyn_bambina reddit can be a tricky one. You really need to spend a lot of time just reading + exploring to understand the etiquette of a particular subreddit. Subreddits are managed by communities independent of reddit itself, so have different rules. Some subreddits completely disallow any self-promotion, and will delete any posts that even hint at it. It's worth exploring if you can find a subreddit that contains an interested/engaged demographic! But for many industries it's not set up for engagement with self-promoting companies.
Subash Chandra Bose A
@barneelloyd Thaanks for the insight,@ashlyn_bambina I am confused about rediit as the subreddits as most of them have rules and they are hard to understand sometimes.
Achindh M S
I want to explore digital credentials for the organic growth
I'm trying to explore Reddit since it it great channel to build communities.
Jerry
Definitely Reddit I still didn't find the right way to integrate into the community. Every Sub has their own restrictions and rules
Yuliia Mamonov 🇺🇦
Discord communities. From what I heard, it sounds very promising!
Mariano San Juan
Reddit and Discord here!
Richard Gao
Really hope to explore paid ads more on twitter and google search with evoke-app.com Seems relatively underexplored by indiehackers and mostly the domain of large corporations
Eric Beans
Reddit and Twitter. They have a community I need to spend the time engaging with.
Neil Roy
Reddit & Twitter. Reddit for building a really strong community/network of users who'll spend time to give you detailed feedback, in some sense found PH similar to that. Twitter to build a highly engaged set of followers, I see a lot of folks in my ICP (eCommerce) present here & discussing strategies/tactics/results - more like a real-time commentary.
Mehdi Rifai
I would like to explore Quora. They have 300m monthly active users who are looking for answers to specific questions and problems which allows you to get access to qualify users
Charles Forster
I'm finally starting to really tackle email. I have a small list of about 300 people, but I rarely ever send anything. I'm finally going to be investing in it
Ruben Lozano
Hello @basv Recently, I am exploring and learning how to plan and execute actions on Review Platforms like G2, Capterra, Get App, Software Advice, etc. It is interesting to see the different channels that the users go through until they reach one specific conversion event like signup. And more recently we are seeing how those platforms can play a really interesting role in the portfolio of channels and the growth model. Cheers,
Steve Hopkins
PR or newsletter advertising
Varun Yadav
Webinar is one of the most underrated acquisition channels. I saw people making in millions through just Webinars
phprunner
Twitter for me. I like the engagement and it seems to be working well at the moment. Want to double-down on it.
Nilan Saha
I want to explore forums like Indiehackers a bit more. Maybe Medium too.