What's essential for your working morning routine?

Sonia Kost
24 replies
When I get back to work every morning I find myself repeating the following steps: 1. Checking out Slack for new messages/mentions 2. Checking out unread work emails 3. Open Twitter/Discord and see new mentions/messages there And after I finish checking all the updates, I can open Notion or my personal tasks list and continue working on it. I wonder if your routine looks any different? What do you check first thing in the morning? ☀️

Replies

Dan LaCivita
1. Up early before anyone else is awake (5 AM) 2. No phone for the first hour 3. Hydrate, practice gratitude, go for a walk if its nice out 4. Coffee! 5. Write my priorities for the day 6. Then I check email, slack and our channels for any questions from users. 7. Focus on deep work for my most important priorities for the day (I am most effective in the morning, but someone who is more of a night person may want to do their deep work then). I find not answering emails, slacks etc as the very first thing when I get out of bed really helps with prioritizing and using my time when I begin to do work.
Sonia Kost
@dan_lacivita Yeah, as you mentioned, my productivity peak is usually on evenings. However, some of your practices can definitely help as well :)
Ksusha
1. Buying coffee in a local coffee shop 2. Checking out all the messengers 3. Making a plan for the day 4. Scrolling twitter
Sonia Kost
@ksusha_golovchenko yep, I definitely forgot a cup of coffee ☕
Дмитрий Исаев
My routine's pretty the same as yours @sonya_key_ 1. Check primary messengers / email 2. My daily tasks 3. Drink tea, meanwhile 4. I want sports exercises over there, but I forgot sometimes
Cara (Borenstein) Marin
I try to start each work day with a brain-dump of what's on my mind. This helps me clarify my top 1-3 things to do for the day so that I can make sure I prioritize those.
Sonia Kost
@cara_jacqueline that sounds like a great technique! Thank you for sharing, I do feel lost in my thoughts some mornings, so it might help me structure those a little.
Cara (Borenstein) Marin
@sonya_key_ Let me know how it goes! It's super easy to get lost in thought when trying to do a lot each day and I've found starting with a brain-dump can help tame that. Hope it helps!
Rich Watson
my every morning to do list of the same tasks which gets me started & prepared for the day
Bella Chen
Those 5 minutes of extra sleep after turning off the alarm.
Sonia Kost
@bella_chen2020 That's an interesting point actually, I usually give myself not even 5 minutes but half an hour "extra". Basically, just set up two alarms with half an hour difference and "let" myself sleep a little extra each time :)
Launching soon!
My mornings always start with a shower. After that, a cup of coffee is a must. It keeps me fresh all the day long.
Sonia Kost
@qudsia_ali Agreed, nothing more refreshing than a good morning shower. Especially in this summer heat 🥵
GolfroadPharmacy
As for me: - Planning tasks for the day - Coffee in the morning - Surfing social networks:)))
Karolina
1. Eating big, tasty breakfast without any distractions. 2. Creating a working schedule that include short and long breaks. The most important thing that helps me every morning to get organized and be productive throughout the whole day: using Tira.so 😎 With chat, task management, project management, and a calendar all in one place, Tira houses all of our messages, tasks, projects, documents, and schedules. We don’t have to waste time switching between apps searching for missing information. Cheers🙌
Arzu Özkan
1. A well-brewed coffee ☕ 2. Nice music 🎵 3. Clean Air 🌞 4. Soft exercises 🤸🏻‍♀️
sowmya k s
Checking all messages, Make a plan for today, Drink a coffee