What's a startup's must-have before trying to raise investment?

Eugene Lipski
7 replies
✍️ For a super early-stage startup, these are: ✔️ Pitch deck; ✔️ elevator pitch; ✔️ branding; ✔️ project website; ✔️ social networks (in the brand identity); ✔️ preferably a large detailed document with project description, user stories, competitor analysis, market validation, market analysis, tam sam som, strategy to achieve PMF, metrics already in place if any, description of funders and team, existing or potential partnerships, project roadmap like business plan by points and timelines, calculation of how much you want to raise, description of risks, 10 reasons why you will become a unicorn and/or why someone from GAFAM will buy you; ✔️ if there is an MVP, a short video demonstrating how it works; ✔️ if no MVP, a 1-2 min video explaining how it will work. What do you think about it? 🧑‍🔬 Criticize, suggest, let's put together a comprehensive list for those who are just breaking into the startup scene 🚀

Replies

Din Relik
Great recommendation👌
André J
Launching soon!
Customers. That's all you need.
Eugene Lipski
@sentry_co Absolutely right! But in order to get customers, you need to show them some value, and for that you need a product or at least a presentation of the product
Arz
Great checklist Eugene! Saved me hours of research :p
Agreed super helpful checklist. I also think you need authentic passion for your project. I took a screenshot of your post. Thank you for sharing