What motivates you to work harder?

Öymen Baydın
28 replies
Do you think the key to working harder is dreams of making money or a sense of accomplishment? What do you think?

Replies

Fabian Maume
Sense accomplishment. Money is motivating only if you are not earning enough, it is one hygiene factor: https://www.simplypsychology.org...
For me, achieving job satisfaction and acquiring new knowledge are my greatest sources of motivation.
Joan Mateo Duarte 🚀
Getting economic and time freedom doing what I like.
@joanduarte That makes sense. Economic and time freedom are certainly important goals that can motivate us to work harder. For me, I find that a combination of both financial motivation and a sense of accomplishment helps drive me to work harder.
Manas Sharma
I have a high-paying remote job. But I am spending my nights and weekends building a product that solves the problem I believe is big and needs to be solved.
@manas_sharma So how does this affect your productivity and living conditions?
Manas Sharma
@oymen_baydin To be honest. I do get really tired and stressed sometimes, but I know it's also a phase. When you start something new, you have many hurdles - but things do settle down eventually. Currently, my goal is to launch the product I have been working on for a year and get it to revenue that matches my job salary.
Krishnaswamy Anand Ganesh
Competition and an intense productive-rivalry with a colleague. Respectful competition helps people achieve wonders in most fields
@krishnaswamy_anand_ganesh Absolutely I agree. Even if it is not a first for me, it is a very important development method.
Rahelita Luki
for me, the mindset of surviving. work hard and work smart would really give us a smoother path to survive.
@rahelitaluki This is a very powerful thought. So, isn't it difficult to manage this strategy?
Rahelita Luki
@oymen_baydin it is difficult, especially considering that I have to earn my own living for such a young age. ever thought of ending my life, but being able to survive for the day feels relieving.
Keyur Ahuja
https://hulry.com/firesides/mone... Not a direct answer but still food for thought..
My children mostly 🙂
Nick Mazikov
Our motivation is our work. And our job is to help great startups find the funding they deserve🤩
Seeing Chen
Make more money to buy things I want to eat, like watermelon~
Toh Xue Zun
Materializing ideas keeps me going.
Jerry Twin
If you're like me, you have no motivation to get writing. You just sit at a blank page, knowing that you have to crank out a blog post, or a proposal, or a newsletter. Then, all of a sudden, you're struck with a good idea, and you start writing. You're excited and you write with passion.
Pop Dale
I always was interested in saving money. When I look at how much I have saved so far, it motivates me to work harder.
Anoir Houmou
The possibility of financial freedom 🙏
The first thing that motivates me to work harder is setting goals. To achieve any goal, you need to work hard, but working hard without goal is like sailing a boat without a compass, you will never reach the destination.
Shon Paunan
Family, children, parents - I need to prove them wrong that I am only limited to what they know
Benjamin Sloutsky
To develop higher self-esteem and have a higher belief in myself.