What methods do you employ to effectively time block and schedule your day?

Ayşegül Çorok
16 replies
Have you ever wondered how successful individuals manage to stay organized and maximize their productivity? What methods do you employ to effectively time block and schedule your day?

Replies

soylakate
I use a time tracker (TMetric) as it also captures my productivity and shows it right on the timeline in bars (this helps me plan my productivity hours and tasks). Also, I like the eat-the-frog-for-breakfast time management technique (this allows me to have an easier rest of the day when all the complicated tasks are done in the morning).
Ayşegül Çorok
@soylakate When I start a time tracking, I am really feeling productive. Also, I like to focus on my task.
Gaël de Mondragon
One method I often read about is to plan around your productive hours. Figuring out when you're most efficient for which type of task during the day and then organizing your day around that. Eg: I'm better at cognitively challenging tasks in the morning => this is when I code. Except now I'm replying to a post on PH instead of coding...
Gary Ramirez
one effective method could be to divide the day into blocks dedicated to specific tasks, minimizing multitasking and ensuring focused work. Additionally, integrating technology, such as digital calendars and reminders, can help to keep track of these blocks, while leaving room for breaks and unexpected events to maintain balance and flexibility.
I use the big rock method where I tackle the most important task first, then fill in smaller tasks throughout the day. It's like building a sandcastle, but with priorities...and less sunscreen!
Richard Diaz
I'm pretty old school - I stick to Google Calendar. Time blocking on it is a breeze.
Noah
In the evening I sit down at my laptop, turn on my notebook and write down all the things I need to do tomorrow. Sometimes I write down the time, i.e. to go shopping at 3 p.m. and so on. Writing down makes life easier, you always know what you need to do and when you need to do it, so I always manage to do everything. I also use various applications such as power automate, I went through power automate training and started to understand this program. With it, I can automate some processes that would take me time if I do them manually. It saves a lot of time.
David Allworthy
I’m extremely regular in my day to day routine. This works for me because I know what I’m doing when with minimal effort and maximum energy. It’s even down to the smallest detail. Have a look here: - Get up at 5am - Cup of T - Go into my home office - Work for 1.5 hours - Make breakfast for children and Wife - Have breakfast with them - 7:55am take children to school - Cup of T - 8:45am work - 10am cup of T - Work - 11:30am eat an apple and cup of T - Work - 1pm lunch - 1:30 work - 3pm gym - 5pm pick children up from school - Make dinner - 6pm wrap up emails and close office That’s my Monday’s!
Mei
Plan around your focus and energy.
Shokat Ali
Utilize a calendar or scheduling tool to map out your day and allocate specific time slots for each task or activity. This visual representation helps you see how your day is structured and ensures you allocate sufficient time for each task.
James Hallahan
90mins of work, 30mins of rest. Try to get 3 very good blocks out - then the rest is sporadic. I try to not overcomplicate it. As long as my key tasks are complete, and the trajectory is moving forward, I am happy
Isabel Hely
Designate specific time blocks for focused work where you minimize distractions and interruptions.
Hamid Khan
Schedule breaks and self-care.
James Hallahan
I find a relatively easy one is to find a 3 hour YouTube video (Hans Zimmer, Study music etc), and listen to it while you work. Pause when you take a break, and go again. You will feel relaxed, be in a deep work zone, and know when you have completed exactly 3 hours of work.