What makes a great UX in a product?

Alisha Widianti
11 replies
We all know how critical UX is in a product's success. What do you think makes for a great user experience? Is it user research, thoughtful information, and architecture? Share your thoughts in the comments below! 👇

Replies

Dima Braven
if your product becomes a habit to use
Boudewijn Bos
it all matters, but I think if the design is not intuitive then the rest does not matter!
Ashmil Hussain
It depends on how long someone wants to stare at your screen. For certain developer tools and portals, I would prefer simple colors, easily accessible buttons, and simple navigations. However, for something like a mobile app or shopping cart, fancier animations and interactions may be more appropriate. Regardless, there are some basic things that are common to all. - Ensure adequate white space in your design. - Choose the appropriate font for your target audience. - Familiarize yourself with color psychology before selecting the right color scheme. - Minimize lengthy user journeys. - Consider incorporating milestones such as progress bars or badges for extended user journeys.
Shivangi Awasthi
A great UX in a product is intuitive, efficient, visually pleasing, and prioritizes user needs, resulting in a seamless and enjoyable user journey. Doing a course on same. :)
David Tse
This is a great question! We're hoping to find the best UX through frequent user research as well as programming "user empathy" into our design conversations. It can be tough at times though with ever user sharing preferences that are very different from ever other user. It's super tough creating something with broad strokes for all folks! P.S. I just heard that google has dynamically intelligent UI that adapts and hides elements based on your past behaviors (i.e. hiding certain buttons if it finds that you don't use it that often)!
Alisha Widianti
@david_tse2 Very interesting! Oh wow, I didn't know about this behaviour previously in Google? Thanks for sharing!!
Elena Tsemirava
Simplicity and clarity
ridho tijan
For me, i think there are 3 point for me. to conclude the product have great UX. #1 Usable As a product design, i realy love my product or feature can be use for my user. It means, the design, research, and the purpose of the product is clear. #2 Useful I'm happy to say that the product solved their problem! #3 Enjoyable If users enjoy the product, it means my design nailed it.
Katherine Anne
A great UX means a great understanding of your users. You can bullet out key points to answer in your process, for example: User's Pain Points/Needs: - Conduct research to identify user pain points and challenges - Analyze feedback from surveys, support, and user testing - Identify gaps in the current user experience Meeting User Needs: - Set clear design objectives aligned with user needs - Create user personas to represent different user types - Prioritize and address user needs through design solutions - Iterate and gather feedback throughout the design process Understanding Common Behavior: - Observe user interactions and patterns - Conduct interviews to understand behavior and preferences - Analyze data for recurring behavioral patterns - Use insights to guide design decisions
Rounakpreet Singh
A great UX in a product is like the secret sauce that keeps users coming back for more! Here's what makes it truly remarkable: User-Centric Design: Good UX starts with a deep understanding of your users' needs, behaviors, and pain points. Design with empathy and create a seamless journey that caters to them. Intuitive Navigation: Navigation should be so intuitive that even a first-time user feels like a pro. Aesthetic Delight: A visually appealing design engages users, making the product not only functional but also delightful to use. Efficiency and Speed: Your product should be lightning-fast, with minimal clicks and loading times. Users shouldn't have to wait; they should get what they want pronto! Consistency: Keep elements, patterns, and interactions consistent across your product. Users shouldn't have to relearn how to use it every time. Accessibility for All: Ensure your product is accessible to people of all abilities. Consider those with disabilities, making your design keyboard-friendly, and ensure compatibility with screen readers. Feedback and Error Handling: Users make mistakes; that's human. Guide users gently and let them know what went wrong and how to fix it. Simplicity and Clarity: Less is often more. Clutter and confusion are UX's worst enemies. Personalization: Tailor experiences to individual preferences whenever possible. Users love products that "get" them. Continuous Improvement: The best UX is never finished. Collect user feedback, conduct usability testing, and iterate.
Rounakpreet Singh
A great user experience (UX) in a product is the result of several key elements coming together seamlessly: User-Centered Design: Understand and address user needs. Usability: Make it easy and intuitive to use. Efficiency: Streamline tasks for quick results. Visual Appeal: Create an aesthetically pleasing interface. Accessibility: Ensure inclusivity for all users. Performance: Maintain fast and responsive interactions. Consistency: Use a uniform design language. Feedback and Error Handling: Provide clear guidance. Personalization: Tailor experiences when possible. Iterative Improvement: Continuously enhance the UX. Collaboration: Work as a cohesive team. User Education: Support users with guidance.