What made you decide to become a remote worker?

Lada
6 replies
Due to a few unsuccessful attempts, I found a stable job that provided me with enough security for a long time. However, a voice always urged me to embrace the freedom and challenge of remote work. For those who have already started working remotely, I'm keen to know what helped you decide to work remotely and the most significant challenges you faced during this period.

Replies

Alona V
1) of course, this saves time, I don’t waste time getting to work and back. 2) I can provide myself with the best conditions - complete immersion in work without noise and no one distracting me. 3) After we started working from home during the pandemic, I realized that I became more responsible at work. I manage my time better and always take stock of my work at the end of the day. 4) I feel less stressed.
Rihab Zaidi
I don't see the value of spending hours commuting only to arrive exhausted already at the office. I can also have more focus working remotely as there are more distractions within an office, and finally, because I want to spend more time with the people I care about doing the things that make my life meaningful, and being at the office for 8 hours doesn't help fulfill that.
Lada
@rihab_zd It is essential to offer companionship to the people who matter to us. I am increasingly realizing that love and companionship hold great significance in life. That's why I am eager to initiate a new approach towards things.
Elena Tsemirava
I didn't choose it. The coronavirus came, and everyone had to work remotely. But I liked it, and now I can't imagine going back to the office.
Lada
@elenat Did your company implement remote work after the outbreak? Are you currently employed?