What key features make a productivity tool user-friendly and intuitive? Share your examples!

Alisha Widianti
22 replies
Me and my team have been using and working on Klever Suite: https://www.producthunt.com/post... and a key feature of Klever Suite that I find the most user-friendly is how I can easily access all my work items since everything's in one platform! What are your favorite features of the tools you're already using?

Replies

Sofia Murphy
A to-do list, reminders or alert for task, time to complete the task are some of the key features a productivity tool should have.
AR Imtiaz
simplicity is what keeps productivity tools real productive weapons. The key features i would say is a todo list and also status bars
AR Imtiaz
I have something I would like to share with you, do you mind connecting with me on a texting channel?
Prem Saini
User-friendly productivity tools offer simplicity, intuitive design, robust search, collaborative features, and mobile accessibility. Examples include Slack for communication and Trello for project management.
Vincent Greco
From a general point of view, beside simplicity, I would add predictability. In Multi Find, I have tried to make the results of the user's actions very predictable, with no unpleasant surprises. For example, in this highlighting browser extension, when you enter a word to be searched in the popup window, it is automatically and immediately formatted in the input box as it will appear on the webpage (for instance, with a yellow or a green highlight). Another example is that, starting from version 1.32, the user is offered an input window to enable or disable some elements of the popup window. I added a preview version of the popup window embedded in the option window, so that you can instantly see the result of your choices.
Ruth Phillips
Speed, simplicity, and keyboard shortcuts. Just launched a to-do app and that's what users rave about.
Alisha Widianti
@ruthieparty4 That's amazing!! Taking notes for my next launch and relaying it to my teams as well :D
Jeorge
My top 3 1) Ease of use and intuitiveness 2) Customizable dashboards 3) Integrations Being able to arrange and prioritize widgets or modules based on my preferences makes it easier for me to quickly access the most important information. And of course it's great to be able to connect my productivity tool with my calendar app, email client, or project management software. Integrations always make life easier!
Alisha Widianti
@jeorge28 Thank you for your insights! Arranging widgets/modules based on preference are definitely a good point :D
Vincent Lonij
Good search. These all-in-one apps can balloon in terms of the amount of information that's in there, especially if you use it with the entire team. It's really important to be able to find things when you don't remember the exact keyword or category.
Alisha Widianti
@vincentropy That's an excellent point! What's the point of having everything in one place, if you can't find things easily, right? :D
Alan Peterson
Simple UI, quick onboarding, and keyboard shortcuts. Nailed these with my own app. Keep it stupid simple and people will stick around.
Alisha Widianti
@alanpete82 I think you definitely brought up an awesome point about quick onboarding. I'll take notes for sure, thanks for sharing!
I liked this discussion because people offered a lot of useful insights. Someone that is building a productivity app should definitely consider these!
Nick Anisimov
A simple and clear interface allows anyone to use the tool quickly.
Jad Sanaknaki
Simplicity, notifications, and well written content.