What is your top priority when choosing a productivity tool?

Alisha Widianti
13 replies
Me and my team launched our new productivity tool, Klever Suite https://www.producthunt.com/post..., and we'd like to understand more about what you consider the most when choosing a tool. - Is it the price? - What features are you expecting to have in a productivity tool? - Do you want integrations to the tool you're already using?

Replies

JD
For me, the most important consideration when selecting a productivity tool is its ability to enhance my creative process and overall efficiency while being intuitive and easy to use. I want something that can adapt to various projects and work styles without overcomplicating my workflow or creating unnecessary distractions.
Alisha Widianti
@jd_manager Very interesting point! We all have different processes when it comes to projects and work styles 😄
Daniel Hunt
Honestly probably how quick/easy/cheap is it to test it out! (eg things like free trial, no need for long login process etc) After starting to try it, the most important thing is working out whether it adds value as quickly as possible (if it's still not obvious after 10 minutes there's a good chance I'd just get rid of it!)
Gregory Long
Top priority for a productivity tool? It's gotta be user-friendly. If it takes a week to onboard, it's not saving me time.
I would have to say UX and ease of use. When I'm looking for a productivity tool, I want something that will make my job easier, and I won't have to spend too much time figuring out how it works.
Henry
Affordability: I don't want to break the bank on a productivity tool.
Rukhsar Amjad
Affordability: I don't want to break the bank on a productivity tool.
Simon Biasotto
Least amount of clicks :)
Alisha Widianti
@biasottosimon Interesting! Can you elaborate a bit more on this? 😃
Pavel Kukhnavets
Hi. When I choose a productivity tool for my work, I typically pay attention to the 3 features: 1)Task management. A robust productivity tool should offer comprehensive task and project management capabilities. The ability to break down complex projects into smaller, manageable tasks is crucial for improving productivity. 2) Collaboration and communication. Powerful productivity tools should support seamless collaboration through features like real-time collaboration on documents, file sharing, comment threads, and integration with communication tools like email and messaging platforms. 3) Automation. Automation can significantly boost productivity by reducing manual and repetitive tasks.