What is your opinion on paid marketing versus organic marketing in 2023?

Mayank Jain
22 replies
As the world is facing an economic downturn, how will companies adjust their marketing budgets? Will they continue to focus on Paid marketing, increase budgets for Organic Marketing (SEO) or both?

Replies

Ramandeep Ramarayane
There is no simple answer to this question since budgets for marketing will always depend on a number of individual factors, including the size and market position of the company, current trends, and competition. That being said, it is generally safe to assume that companies will continue to focus on Paid Marketing (such as advertising) in order to reach their target audience. Additionally, they may increase their budget for Organic Marketing efforts (such as SEO) if they believe that these measures are effective in driving more traffic through their website or landing pages.
Karan Soni
Focus should be on both types of marketing but I think organic marketing will give more long time effects then paid marketing.
Sanjeev
This is in accordance to what actually we want to achieve in what time span. The Paid marketing might give you a good quantity of customers at once, but organic marketing will give you customers with high LTV. This also varies from product to product
Binay Singh
In my opinion, paid marketing will still be the dominant form of marketing in 2023. However, organic marketing will continue to grow in popularity because it is more ethical and sustainable.
Utkarsh Raj
Creativity with paid marketing can increase the market capture effectively. Apart from this we can judge it through the retention rate of users.
bijal dave
A good balance of with major focus on organic as it will help get organic users who'll stay with the platform long term thus increasing retention
Raghav Mittal
Both are important based on the companies preference of growth. Good loyal customers are always those who searches you out
Gaurav Goyal
This one is always an ongoing debate. I will err on the side of organic marketing.
Akshat Jain
Well, in my opinion it actually depends on the stage of the company and the industry that they are operating in. If we talk specifically for SaaS companies, I think for a sustainable growth, organic marketing is more important than paid marketing.
Nick Mazikov
We recently blogged about what startups should do now in such a market. We encourage you to stop by and take a look at🤩
Ajay goyal
Both are good in it's own way.
Shagun Shekhar
Both paid and organic marketing can be effective strategies for marketing a business and reaching potential customers. But I believe the best approach will depend on the specific goals and resources of the business, as well as the nature of its target audience and the industry it operates in.
Soumya Chaturvedi
Both have their own strengths and weaknesses.
Hemant Warier
In my opinion, both paid and organic marketing will continue to play important roles in B2B marketing in 2023. When it comes to paid marketing, it's important to have a clear understanding of your target audience and to be strategic in how you allocate your budget. For example, if you're a software company targeting C-level executives at enterprise companies, it might make sense to invest in LinkedIn sponsored content or display ads on industry-specific websites. On the other hand, if you're a B2B service provider targeting small businesses, Facebook and Instagram ads might be more effective. On the organic side, I've found that building relationships and establishing thought leadership through content marketing can be extremely effective in B2B. For example, we have a company blog where we share industry insights, thought leadership articles, and case studies, and we've seen great results in terms of generating leads and building trust with our audience. Ultimately, the key to success in B2B marketing is to have a well-rounded approach that includes both paid and organic tactics. And if you're looking for help with your B2B marketing strategy, I'd be happy to chat and see how we might be able to work together.
Sanat Mohanty
@mjain_mayank Speaking strictly for a B2B product: Companies will go super targeted on named accounts. Which means optimizing for spillage rather than budget cuts. These channels will be: - Hyper personalized BASHO emails to decision makers - Account based email marketing - Thought leadership non-gated content on website (a.k.a SEO) - PR & media partnerships - Virtual events: webinars & panel discussions - Executive luncheon - Analyst partnerships (e.g. Capterra, Frost & Sullivan, Gartner etc.) Some of these would be paid, some organic. However, traditional PPC / CPV channels will be less favored.
yash
It's also worth considering that both paid marketing and organic marketing can be valuable tools for businesses.
Sanya Sharma
Both of them have their pros and cons.
Sana Midha
I don't believe there is one answer that is applicable to all companies, or can be considered a "trend" if you will. If your company doesn't have a huge marketing budget, then content marketing and putting in effort to strengthen organic marketing is the way to go. Although results can be delayed, but they will be worth it. On the other hand, if you see a conversion rate above the industry standard, and you know how to do paid advertising right, AND it is affordable, then you might as well put some funds and resources there more often. As for the economic downturn staring us in the face, I'd say even if you know your paid ads do well, there is still no excuse for you to now grow through organic marketing. Paid advertising might be a luxury, but organic marketing is a necessity if you want to establish a name for yourself in your industry.
Neha Khan
Paid marketing is all about the sales, whereas organic marketing is more about word of mouth and happy customers. Marketers must choose where, when, and how best to communicate with consumers about their goods and services are given that they use a seemingly unlimited number of platforms.