What is your favourite graphic design tool?

Steven Birchall
55 replies
When it comes to quickly designing a presentation, invitation, social post or something simple like that, what is your go-to tool?

Replies

Katherine Anne
Canva for sure, I love their library and the branding within the app
Jeremy
Definitely Canva. It just makes it so easy, especially with all it's templates.
Steven Birchall
Canva is great for anything you are collaborating with others with, or if you just need to turn around something quick that looks professional.
Tanzirul Huda
My favorite graphic design tool is Adobe Photoshop. It is the industry standard for digital imaging and provides a comprehensive suite of tools for creating, editing, and manipulating images.
Steven Birchall
Definitely a big fan of Photoshop. Have been usual it for decades and there is still nothing quite like it. Unfortunately not the easiest tool to collaborate with though.
Majid
I‘d like do all my stuff in Figma🧑‍🎨
Steven Birchall
Interesting. I love Figma for Product Design, but have never used it beyond that. What else do you do with Figma @iammajid ?
Chris Sarca
Shameless plug, but my favorite graphic design tool has to be the one I'm working on, Expressive Canvas for vector drawing and editing. Also working on Expressive Animator for motion graphics. Feel free to check my profile for the links if interested, the apps are currently in Beta and we're looking for real feedback.
Steven Birchall
Big fan of Figma for Product Design @realvladgolub. What else do you use it for?
@stevenbirchall hehe, pitch deck, content for social media, design of journey through FigJam and also as a voice chat 😂
Jason Bray
Has to be Canva for me. Just so easy to use.
Matthias Strafinger
Mojo, vids, canva. For instagram posts, imo they are very generic. If you want to increase your reach and not just post (for the sake alone), you really need to entertain your audience. Just using a simple canva template won’t bring you to far in the long run. Just keep that in mind. The question is: which of the channels (instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn,…) are you focusing on? You cannot cover all channels. Then really focus on the one channel and put your effort in this one.
Steven Birchall
Some great points there @matthias_strafinger and definitely agree that using stock standard Canva templates won't work for cut through long term, especially if you're using the same templates as everyone else. That said, if you need something quick or need to collaborate, especially with users who may not be very digital design savy, it helps solve a need.
Hossein Yazdi
I go for Figma, mostly due to its clean and simple UI but also having advanced and helpful features.
Marko D.
I personally do everything (both simple and sophisticated) in GIMP. It's short for GNU Image Manipulation Program and it's basically a free alternative to Adobe Photoshop.
Steven Birchall
@marko_d_ haven't used GIMP in years, but it was always solid and always a great price. What's it like these days? Might have to download it again.
Marko D.
@stevenbirchall I think it's holding up pretty well for a completely free piece of software. It still lacks behind all of the professional tools, but it's a really good alternative for people who can't afford the top-tier stuff.
Mark | Paid Ad Templates
The first tool that popped into my brain was Canva but I also really like LumaFusion for video editing and voiceovers.
Gurudeep Shrotriya
For me it's Canva, because of its wide range of templates and design assets. It adds professionalism to design.
Steven Birchall
@gurudeep_shrotriya the incredible suite of templates & design assets make it so quick & easy.
Elena Ivanovska
I absolutely adore working with Adobe Illustrator! One of the main reasons why I find it so enjoyable is because it allows me to freely create anything I can imagine using vectors. Whether it's designing logos, illustrations or any other type of graphic, Adobe Illustrator is my go-to tool for unleashing my creativity.
Steven Birchall
@elena_ivanovska1 Illustrator is a great tool, haven't personally found anything that is as powerful when it comes to Vector art, though I do feel like a novice using it.
Rahul
Canva and Figma are my new friends, but I miss my old buddy photoshop. What about you, Steven?
Steven Birchall
@c99rahul in terms of time spent in the products, Canva & Figma definitely get the lion's share. The collaboration features on the two is invaluable when working with teams and make it so easy to become part of your regular workflow. Still have Photoshop though, and whilst I use it less and less, I do love how powerful it is.
Valorie Jones
Photoshop for general graphics (the open source GIMP still doesn't cut it), Miro for collaborative sketches, InkSketch for vector graphics (an open-source Illustrator clone), and Adobe XD for interface design. One side note, I used to be the lead developer on HDRShop, which used to be the leading software for processing high-dynamic range imagery. Photoshop has improved its support for floating point imagery, raw images, and HDR, but it still isn't as robust and transparent as I would like.