What is your Async work tech stack?

AAr23
9 replies
Team sync, multizone meetings, documents, work/task management...?

Replies

Ste
Notes, Google Docs, cal.com, github
AAr23
@stelofo cal.com seams interesting, the UI is funny. Using github I imagine it is for SW dev. I have two questions if I might: 1. How you coordinate dependent tasks? (like jira + comments) 2. If you are in different timezones do you have daily syncs?
Nico Spijker
Rock, Figma and Loom directly came to mind!
AAr23
@nicolaas_spijker Rock is new for me, looks nice, thanks! I have a question, working with Figma I imagine you must/need/might work on ideation phases, how you communicate an idea, like video+figma screen sharing? Do you do some dailies or ideation meetings?
Nico Spijker
@aar23 We use Looms for short walkthroughs and QuickTime player for longer stuff. We don't typically do dailies as we try to do everything asynchronous by default. However, we do make some time for ideation meetings though if real-time collaboration is necessary.
André J
Launching soon!
I wrote about async work 5 years ago, happy to see it catching on 😸: https://github.com/eonist/How-to...
AAr23
@sentry_co I see you are definitly a github guy, it has many features to work async organizing the work (issues, projects, repos, pull req. etc), but regarding creative phases like feature ideation, did you experiment any? For me It is difficult to create something not being face to face
André J
Launching soon!
@aar23 I make a gist. And start throwing stuff in there. Then spam my SoMe networks to see what happens 😂. I think GitHub issues is great for feature ideation. Mozilla Is great at this, and they do it in public. They start with a problem and then everyone chime in with feedback and results of their work. Often with images / code / research etc.
Alexasmith
The MOT check in the UK is an essential annual inspection designed to ensure that vehicles are safe, roadworthy, and environmentally compliant. This examination is mandatory for most vehicles that are over three years old. During the MOT test, certified inspectors assess various critical components of the vehicle, including brakes, lights, tires, steering, suspension, exhaust, and emissions.