What is typically the first thing you do at the start of your workday?

Zhao Naomi
93 replies

Replies

Dan Chadney
Checking emails and messages... then I have a morning meeting with my team. I am most productive in the mornings and later at night. Afternoons are usually a struggle to keep focused.
Zhao Naomi
@danchadney Same here, I can't concentrate in the afternoon, especially after 4 pm. 😅 So, I always delay some work to do at night after going home. I knew it's a bad habit, but I just can't help doing it.
Zhao Naomi
@semigrownkid LOL, who can say no to a cup of coffee in the morning.
Christina Griffin
typically the first thing I do at the start of my workday is check my emails and calendar for any urgent messages or appointments, and then prioritize my tasks for the day, ensuring alignment with my overall goals and deadlines.
Zhao Naomi
@cgriffin_2000 May I ask how long this usually takes you?
Zhao Naomi
@serhii_uspenskyi Me too. However, I often find myself distracted by notification emails from subscribed newsletters, which wastes a significant amount of time every morning. I am currently try to adjust my daily routine to increase productivity.
COFFEE. COFFEE. Coffee.
Zhao Naomi
@akanksha_hunts I used to drink at least 3 cups of ☕ a day, but since my mother-in-law told me that this could easily cause calcium loss, I have switched to a maximum of 2 a day and start to taking calcium supplements.😂
@zhao_naomi Thank you so much for sharing that information with me! I should start with some changes to my coffee consumption and consult for calcium supplements too. 😄🙏
@diana_iun I appreciate your perspective, and honesty. However, A cup of morning coffee is something I just cannot start without. 😛
Apollon Latsoudis
Meditation before I start reviewing my to do list which was prepared the previous day so as to have a second more sober look at the day's priorities
Zhao Naomi
@apollon440 This approach feels very worth trying. Do you use any apps to assist with meditation?
Apollon Latsoudis
@zhao_naomi I use muse headset which assists in calming me down with guided meditation sessions accompanied by serene sounds of nature (such as waves, underwater sounds or waterfalls) or when in hurry, I use some guided meditation sessions that I have saved from youtube
Pleasure Meditation
@apollon440 I typically prefer new age music, but I mix it up and use water sounds as well. Whatever is needed then is what I do.😌
Jorge Medina
Coffee > reading > journaling > workout > start working
Zhao Naomi
@jorge_medina Wow, your morning seems really fulfilling. What time do you usually wake up?
Jorge Medina
@zhao_naomi 6am 😅. but I go to bed at 10pm most days. i started trying this routine and I found it extremely liberating. my sleep got better, i woke up rested and i ise the quiet hours of the early am to get a good start of the day. it helps me stay present and focus. you should try it!!
Zhao Naomi
@deleted-4810096 I am aware that sleeping earlier and waking up earlier is beneficial not only for physical health but also for day-time productivity. However, the challenge is significant for me since I am a night owl type of person.😅
Gloria G
Check my emails✉️.
Abhinay kumar
Look at my task list for the things aligned for that day.
Abhinay kumar
Hey @zhao_naomi , Looking forward to your launch, have followed it. We are also having a launch of our product on PH on 17th Aug. Would appreciate your support. Do follow SayData to get notified on launch day.
Zhao Naomi
@abhinay_kumar8 Thanks for your interest and support of the Product Video Explorer, Abhinay. Actually, I had my eye on SayData when I first saw it in the upcoming list. I hope all goes well with your upcoming product. 🤞
Zhao Naomi
@abhinay_kumar8 Upvoted! Congrats on the launch. Being #1 on the product page is a great achievement! I'll definitely give it a try later. And Keep up the good work.
Italo Costa | System Developer
An ice bath. A coffee ☕ and some exercise.
Zhao Naomi
@italo_costa An ice bath? Sounds like an effective way to instantly wake up mind.
Yevhen Melnychenko
Check Slack -> check emails -> coffee
John Finch
15 mnts intense workout
Sophiko Jeiranashvili
At the beginning of my workday, I kick things off by planning out my day ahead. Following that, I dive into checking emails, direct messages, and any submissions from potential clients. It's crucial to ensure a prompt response and stay on top of communication.
Chris Uelzi
breakfast (without any electronic devices nearby) then, sitting in front of a laptop all day :)
Zhao Naomi
@chris_uelzi I completely understand that once people start working in front of the computer, it's easy to sit for several hours or even a whole day. However, this is really bad for your spine, even if you're sitting on a so-called ergonomic chair. So please make sure to stand up and walk around every 1-2 hours, stretch your waist and relax. Set reminders for this.
Steve Lou
I check slack and my emails and then prioritize my tasks for the day.
Tobe Royal
Check my crypto profit 😁
Abdul Razzaq
I start my day with warm water