What is the best way to prioritize tasks at the beginning of the week?

Andreas Pierrie
17 replies
I run a marketing agency. Always looking to improve my focus... What is the best way to prioritize tasks at the beginning of the week? I've found that organizing in groups usually helps me and putting the highest priority task at the start of each group. Super simple. Example: Group 1: Revenue generating tasks (invoices, proposals etc.,) Misc/content (PR, blog posts), Client work (client updates, reports etc.) Sometimes find myself jumping about though and not focusing. What ways have you found to be useful?

Replies

Simone Colucci
I use Todoist: I sort my backlog by impact, then move the 5 most impacting ones into a different area and focus primarily to get those done
Alex Nix
I use ClickUp and it helps me a lot. I found it the best management tool ever because I have problems with focus and it's always challenging for me to make my tasks as it needs to be
Julia Suontama
Yea, what you're saying is task batching, a very effective way to enhance one's productivity and actually one of the cores in our productivity app. :D With prioritization, I've learned to ask questions like this myself: what is the thing most likely to get me fired/customers angry/reputational damage/big debt if I don't do it today haha
Julia Suontama
But hey if you're a task batcher, check out Boxio :-) You can group your tabs, soon apps and files together!
Narendra Solanki
@juliasuontama Absolutely! Task batching is a game changer, and I'm thrilled to hear it's a core feature of your productivity app. πŸ˜„ Your method of prioritisation through potential consequences is both humorous and effective. It's a stark reminder that not all tasks are created equal. Addressing the high-stakes ones ensures not just productivity, but also peace of mind. I might adopt your question as a filter for my to-dos! Thanks for sharing. πŸ‘πŸš€
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
Do it in the weekend. head start 😏
Andreas Pierrie
@sentry_co Good shout. I don't like to mix weekends and week days - that's the only thing. Appreciate the reply!
α—°α—©α™­ ᒍ.
I use MagOS my own Management System with my team specifically the Scrum board on it: https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Yarik Skov
Allocate specific time slots for each group of tasks to ensure you dedicate your full attention to them. Also, setting clear, achievable goals can be helpful. You are more than welcome to try out the product I'm working on, called Planndu, which addresses this precisely. πŸš€
Narendra Solanki
@yarikskov Thanks for the tip on allocating time slots for grouped tasks! It's so crucial to stay focused and prevent multi-tasking inefficiencies. I'm always on the lookout for new productivity tools, so I'll definitely check out Planndu. Love seeing innovative solutions that aim to enhance our daily routines. Keep up the great work! πŸŒŸπŸ‘πŸΌ
Steward Edison
Write down everything that needs to be done, regardless of how big or small. This will help you to get a clear picture of your workload.
rebecca kim
What do you want to achieve by the end of the week? Once you know your goals, you can start to prioritize your tasks accordingly.
mono lim
You should create a comprehensive task list.
Narendra Solanki
Start by reviewing your long-term goals to ensure your weekly tasks align with your broader vision. Next, categorize tasks based on urgency and importance. Utilize tools like the Eisenhower Box or apps like Todoist for structure. Lastly, be sure to allocate time for unexpected tasks and breaks. Remember, flexibility can be as crucial as the plan itself. Here's to a productive week ahead! πŸ“…βœ¨