What is the best way to get a VC's attention?

Tim Cherkasov
17 replies
Share your tips and tricks below…

Replies

Simone Colucci
Very much depends on the stage. For super early stage is all about team and market. As you move on your premises count less and less and metrics start to rule. I found that outreach does not work, you need to build up some network and be introduced. That's the approach we're taking for Touring, the product we launched today here on ph
AmazingSylvia
Make your product better Doing growth well Appropriate publicity Big enough users plus growth fast enough VC come
Barry Zheng
Network, network, network! 🤝 Personal introductions or warm leads from trusted industry contacts can often get your foot in the door faster than cold outreach. Attend industry events, webinars, and join communities where VCs hang out.
Michael Stan
I would say, traction that you can show, but you need to be able to show it, so being active on the groups and social media, while having traction. By traction I mean PAYING CUSTOMERS most of the time, especially in today environment
Aditya Chavan
your success without a VC or even a profitable venture without a VC
Personally a lot of VC have reached me out via email and LinkedIn -> Write about your product and traction numbers over public channels.
Debajit Sarkar
Having worked with VCs, equity funds and angel investors, this is my perspective. Try to get a warm introduction from someone who knows the VC or is connected to them. If you can’t get a warm introduction craft a compelling cold email pitch. VCs build their portfolio with an eye on the value creation and exit opportunities for each company, as well as the overall portfolio performance and returns. Therefore, to grab the attention of a VC, founders should: • Showcase your deep understanding of the customer needs, pain points, and willingness to pay, as well as the competitive landscape and differentiation factors. Show how your product solves a real and large problem for a specific and sizable market. • Showcase strong traction and growth potential, using relevant and verifiable metrics such as revenue, users, retention, engagement, unit economics, and customer satisfaction. • Articulate a realistic and attractive exit strategy, showing how you plan to deliver a high return on investment for the VC and the LPs
Philipp Jackson
Hype, I believe? Besides metrics/traction/etc.
Jackson Foster
100% warm intro emails. If you're reaching out without one, you better have some AMAZING growth statistics, and even then, the email still has to stand out and be super personalized. But it's hard overall! https://www.tiktok.com/@trace_co...
Kurtis Arias
The best way to get a venture capitalist's attantion is to have a compelling pitch that demonstrates a stronge team, a unique and scalable business idea, and a clear path to profitability.
Erick Philbert
1. Have the ability to convince them. 2. Talk fast when pitching. 3. Build your network with funded founders. 4. Have a plan to grow faster. Those first two are weird but very important 😂😂.
Omkar Velankar
Drop me a message with your product. I know a VC from Y combinator. I will send him.
Ocean El Chaar
Scale a bit before meeting them... You'd have proof of market and then better negotiating power. Also then network network and create content to have a decent following