What is the best way to do influencer marketing?

Buse Başar
20 replies

Replies

Kristen Ruby
The deinfluencer marketing movement is gaining traction.
Carlos Virreira
I have never managed. However, I have heard that having an affiliate program (promo link) or any other form of ID customers coming from influencers is a great way to reward them and keep them engaged.
Aida Zu
@carlos_virreira hey Carlo! Affiliate is great indeed, it's like a setting up very big team of marketers from the pool of your targets. But I advice to do it only if you're not at the early stages. It can drive a lot more leads and traffic in case of successful settings. So you may not be ready to face the demand.
Kavita
I have found micro-influencers (5-10k followers) who have very engaged followers provide the best ROI. With our last company, we offered them an upfront fee for a paid post and then provided them with affiliate links which would incentivise them to share the post more widely.
Michael Lowndes
@kkavita What types of research did you do to find these types of micro-influencers?
Kavita
@michael_lowndes Very manually - I started by following the larger influencers in the space (for my use case at that time, it was healthy ageing and over 50 influencers) and then finding the accounts that engaged the most with them or looking at their Following lists. I've tried to find tools to automate this process, but most of them have the most off-putting sign up journeys.
Aida Zu
Start with an ultimate research. Influence marketing is very tricky thing. You should know your audience very well. Trends, moods, habits. See influencer as a PR representative and be careful while finding the one. Cancel culture in Social Media doesn't spare anyone. So if the influencer has the potential to be cancelled or (the worst) already had incidents, your brand perception can be damaged hardly.
We have found being picky - working with influencers that really care about our product and value our mission - are the best to work with. Taking the time to be picky will help you get more genuine content and new users!
Michael Cho
@sara_wanasek how did you find these influencers?
Rishikesh Ranjan
That will take quite some time in explaining so I would attach a resource here: https://cloutflow.com/influencer...
Madelyn Wright
Work closely with influencers to develop a creative strategy that aligns with both your brand and their content style. Clearly communicate your campaign objectives and discuss the best ways to promote your product or service organically.
Apostolos Toptsis
Hey Buse, I am actually launching an influencer marketing platform within the next few weeks! Let's connect on LinkedIn and we can discuss and if interested check it out on a high level here: erosmarketing.io
Dale Castro
I recommend considering this option only if you're beyond the early stages. Implementing it has the potential to generate a substantial increase in leads and traffic, provided that the right settings are successfully established.
On a personal level, I generally avoid products endorsed by "influencers," just as I tend to steer clear of products that are aggressively advertised. This thread has somewhat made me open to experimenting with some micro-influencers with strong organic followers
BALAMURALI T R
Got to keep in mind few things. 1) Type of influencers - Size doesn't always matter. Look for metrics like engagement rate, type of content, what other products they have endorsed, etc. You would want to make sure that when the influencers endorse your product, the audience is more likely to believe it. 2) Type of content - just because you have the best influencer doesn't mean you will be to get engagement unless the specific content conveys what your product does about the timing of posting and user benefits. In addition- always look to see if you can make the compensation cash + product/comp off and if the collaboration can be recurring. Ensure they understand not to remove the posts as soon as the collaboration is done. Some people also figure out revenue sharing model by sharing affiliate link but usually the influencer doesn't go for it.
Leo J Barnett
So glad to see the strong engagement on this discussion! Focus on TikTok - Now is the time to capitalise on it! - Work with a larger pool of micro influencers for low cost (up to 20) - Test some bigger high cost influencers 20K+ (5 - 10) - Make sure the believe in your product! - Check their aesthetic is on point and the don't just post ANYTHING - Be incredibly personable with them as much as you can. It goes a long way and will build a relationship moving forward. You'll want excellent influencers to work with regularly. - If you love their work compliment them before. - Ask for product reviews after they post!
Kevin Rogers
The best approach to influencer marketing is building genuine relationships. Reach out to influencers who align with your brand's values and have a strong connection with their audience. Co-creating content gives them a stake in your brand's success.
Tomas Papazian
Hi Buse. It depends on the product that you are trying to distribute. In order to consider if your product is a good fit for influencer marketing you can use this questions Is your product B2C? In case it is you have passed the first question Is your product a once-payment product or is a subscription method product? In case your answer is the first option, take into account that although your product might be great, it will be difficult to retain value from a campaign that is over. Is your product low-intent? Most of the people who buy through social media aren´t really having a need to buy your product Hope you find these ideas helpful. Would love to connect and share some more value with you with some documents with takeaways from what I mentioned to you previously.