What is the best way to collect feedback from users?

Samet Ozkale
22 replies
If I have to give the data from Producter - (https://producter.co), our users mostly collect feedback thanks to our Feedback Widget feature they have embedded in their products. Which way do you prefer?

Replies

Astha Rattan 🌊
I think a mix of a widget that's not intrusive + a feedback request email works best.
Ömer Gülen
As an ex-Jotformer, I was using Jotform's ready-to-use embedded web feedback forms so far, do you also provide such a feature? I specifically need a hovering feedback button all over the web app.
Philip Snyder
Little SMS widget built in so users can "text" us whenever they want. Sometimes I'll push an unskippable quick survery popup on a certain subsection of users
Prachi Gupta
Agree with you Samet. Collecting feedback at the right time in the journey works best to capture top of mind experience.
Sridevi M
My company schedules a session with the user for the first time and the team who interacts with the user note down the pain points and asks the feedback directly from users.
Jorgo Qirjaj
@sridevi_m Love this! We try to do the same at our company.
Lee Twito
Hubspot survey.
Daria Flack
Short fill-in forms and customer satisfaction ratings always work great. You can also try out usability tests
Elena Albright
some kind of a short form like google form or a typeform would be alright I guess. But also it's about not making it too boring and official if it suits the product's ToV. I've recently had troubles with one VPN app, so I decided to uninstall it from my PC and reinstall it back. As soon as the app was uninstalled I was redirected to the VPN webpage with an embedded google form which was basically asking what was the reason for deleting the app (quite useful info, right?). And most of the times you just ignore forms like that. But those guys included a couple of memes, in the final question you have the option to wish them a good or a bad day :D. And in the end there's Timberlake's video. lol. Quite engaging I must say!
Michael Silber
We use SavvyCal links in our main nav to make it easy to schedule time with one of our product managers. It works to get really high quality user feedback. We then summarize the conversation in Slack, and later tag the conversation in Dovetail to make it easy to search topics across interviews. If you're interested in giving feedback to us on Product Hunt — drop into office hours to chat with either @dribeiro_8 or me. Schedule office hours here!
GamerSeo
Online forms are a good idea.
Toh Xue Zun
For me, it depends on where my users are. Usually google forms as I can use it to collect feedback from social media, landing page, chat support
Jana Schellong
We have a Slack community where most of our users are in, so they now exactly where to reach us for feedback and they will get immediate answers. We also have a feature requests page on our website where anyone can suggest or upvote new feature ideas.
Tanmay Parekh
Monthly emails to your users and then scheduling follow up calls.
Trevor George
Create a feedback form to collect feedbacks from user.
Apollon Latsoudis
Cant attest to the success of other interesting methods already proposed here, however I do believe that the type of user is of paramount importance. Users who actually use the product (either intuitively or by being heavy duty users) are the best candidates for personal interviews, as the quality of the feedback really shows. With personal interviews, you can naturally dig deeper and gain valuable insights. Time constraints however, do not allow for a large number of interviews. Slack channels with follow up AMAs or webinars are also really helpful as these double as brainstorming hubs.
Richard Gao
I don't think there is a singular best way. I use a mix of low quantity, high quality data and low quality high quantity data. For example, interviews are high quality and low quantity for me, so I usually use those to establish specific wording customers may use to describe a problem. However, if I've already got some information, I may use a survey to collect a large quantity of lower quality data.
Karan Parmar
Use any surveying tool, and add the survey in the customer journey. There are many surveying tools are available in the market.
Anne Broadwin
setting up you customer service at the very beginning - don't lose any chance
Arpan
Short fill up forms, mostly containing interactive and MCQs-type questions!
Jason Lee
Embed online chat such as Jivo, Tawk, etc.