What is the best way to build rapport with a potential client during a video call?

Hashir Ahmed
11 replies

Replies

Raghu Raji
Do you want to develop a own video app? WebRTC is one the best opensource and develop your own video chat app for your communication purpose. I would like to suggested few WebRTC players for your glance. 1. MirrorFly 2. Sendbird 3. Getstream
Tanay from Stacks
Know about what's going on with their life, work, family, etc. Today, it is easier to do social engineering to identify who is doing what. Use that. In the first few minutes of the call, ask questions about work, relate with what's happening outside with their work/family/life, etc. Spend 5 minutes talking about nonwork-related things. Next 10 minutes you want to understand your potential client - ask questions. Once you do these, your remaining 15 minutes or 30 minutes become very productive.
John Cox
I think professionalism is a must but also honesty. I hate BS on video calls, I much prefer someone to be totally honest. Even if they say, look we are in beta phase right now but we are looking to implement x etc....
Debra Henderson
The best way to build rapport with a potential client during a video call is to maintain eye contact by looking into the camera, actively listen and respond thoughtfully to their concerns, display genuine enthusiasm for their needs, use their name to create a personal connection, employ open body language to convey engagement, and prepare in advance by researching their company and industry to foster a meaningful and focused conversation.
Dmitriy Pegov
Positive attitude, honesty and openness. No boast.
Sergey Firkin
Just don't be a jerk.
Anthony Coleman
Start with a brief personal connection, maybe comment on something in their background or a shared interest. Keep the conversation focused, actively listen, and ask relevant questions about their needs and pain points.
Anna Vasilenko
I think the most important thing is to be kind and positive.
Nikos Dritsakos
Talk to them like you would anyone else and don’t think about selling them at all. Shift topics until you find common ground over something you can both talk forever about.
Building rapport during a video call is all about making a genuine connection. Starting by being a good listener and showing interest in their needs. Maintaining eye contact, smiling, and using their name to make it feel more personal. Sharing relevant experiences and stories to find common ground. And not forgetting to be empathetic and understanding toward their challenges. This will help create a strong foundation for a productive client relationship. What do you think?