What is the best growth channel for your startup?

Olena Bomko
38 replies
- I'm a B2B tech/SaaS marketer. Organic LinkedIn is the best channel for me. - For my enterprise clients, the best channels are personal founders' network, organic LinkedIn, visiting podcasts/conferences, and different partnerships. - For clients with cheap B2B products, the best channels are LinkedIn, building in public on X, integrations with other tools, and free side tools/templates. What about you?

Replies

Jesse Robbins
You really need to segment topic by B2B (Enterprise|Bottom Up) & B2C to get meaningful information. The most surprising thing for me has been g2 for enterprise.
Philippe Wellens
Interesting, thanks Olena! For B2B tech/SaaS, I'd add that targeted forums and communities that are well aligned with your segment can also help. They can be found on Linkedin of course but often also on dedicated platforms.
Ocean El Chaar
@pwellens what kind of platforms would you suggest ?
Philippe Wellens
@ocean_el_chaar it really depends on your customers - it can be LinkedIn, Reddit forums, Facebook groups, etc
Great topic Olena, I think in the beginning going organically without any inbound marketing activities would be good before the startup finds the target market correctly. After the target is identified Linkedin, SEO, Youtube ads would be beneficial.
Sia
I don't know - how could I find out?
Olena Bomko
@siavoshzarrasvand If you already have customers, you should analyze what channels bring the best results (you can ask during onboarding "How did you hear about us?"). If you don't have customers - try, analyze, repeat :)
ZezeLife
We only have online marketing experience. First try online Ads and social media, after you get some result, try SEO and KOL marketing and the last is industry exhibition from zezelife
Erick Philbert
For me Microconf for starting and growing a startup, and Adam Erhart for marketing stuff...
Philipp Jackson
Just signing up for comments.. (wish there was Save Post button). Upoted!
Arz
Linkedin is so powerful Olena 🔥
Louisa Lu (launching soon)
We use Linkedin (meetalfred) for enterprise sales, but a lot of b2c startups are using tiktok, youtube shorts to grow...for AI product, we also see success at targetting microinfluncer on twitter.
Eliza Crescini
Great topic, Olena! Well, for us Instagram, threads, and Facebook works best.
Olena Bomko
@eliza_crescini Thank you 😊 You have a B2C brand?
Sergei Petrov
We also work with b2b clients and use LinkedIn for growth.
Lakshya Singh
Nice topic @olenabomko! I don't really have much to say about this as I have never worked on bringing clients. However, I want to know your take on LinkedIn ads. Does it work and how does it compare to other platforms to get B2B clients?
Annie Chopra
I work with the Gen-Z audience as a marketer and believe that short video is the best way to reach them with a mix of IG/Tiktok/and YT
Shokat Ali
LinkedIn, Reddit, PH. All the among the top of the channels.
Brenna Donoghue
@shokat_ali4 can you share how your use Reddit? advertising or as parts of discussions? and is it driving to content or towards product? I have yet to figure out the right approach in reddit, but we know that those who find us on reddit have 3x our normal conversion rate so I want to crack it!
Fabian Maume
Comparison website like G2 & capterra can work well for SaaS, if people are looking for alternative to the competitor. Capterra ppc can give nice results for some niche. SEO is also a great channel, but it has long term time horizon. For my personal consulting answering relevant questions on Product hunt works well.
Vincent Xu
We are just looking for it! We built our own AI company research Agent. Anyone interests?
Brenna Donoghue
So curious, is your linkedin content entirely organic? Do you have tips for how you approach LinkedIn content? We have pulsed on and off of LinkedIn... to our detriment.
Olena Bomko
@brenna_donoghue Yes! I reached 27K followers without outbound messages, ads, LinkedIn Premium, and different hacks. Launched my LinkedIn Inbound Playbook last month (with a free profile checklist): https://olenabomko.gumroad.com/l... I post 3 main types of content on LinkedIn: - Useful guides/infographics/templates - Entertaining (and useful) content - Social proof (testimonials, reviews) I post infographics and entertaining content for brand awareness. I post useful practical guides and social proof to close deals.
Brenna Donoghue
@olenabomko thanks! connected. Excited to see your content and approach. Thanks for sharing how you approach it and the consistency you take. Really impressed and inspired!
Barry Zheng
For my e-commerce startup, a combination of paid advertising on platforms like Facebook and Instagram, along with email marketing, has proven to be highly effective. Leveraging user-generated content and customer reviews also helps build trust.
David F
Earned media has been instrumental for enterprise and fintech clients, who need to establish trust, credibility and third-party validation from perceived authoritative objective sources.