What is a quote/phrase you hold onto?

Reece Jones
13 replies
Two of my favorites are: "Rome wasn't built in a day, but they laid bricks every hour." Had a launch day that didn't go as well as I'd hoped. But this quote has been bouncing around in my head, reminding me that constant and focused work will get me there. No matter how small. "Three foot world." The only things I can control are within the three feet in front of me, so that's all thats worth my time.

Replies

Troy
Be clear, be bold, be patient. my quote. ^^
Wiktoria Jaszcza
"Three foot world." Nice! I heard recently about doing something right away, even if you don't feel like it, because "future you will thank you".
Reece Jones
@w_j Huge! My dad also says something like "when you're telling your story to your kids, what would you want to say you did? do that."
Launching soon!
Keep going. One day you will make your product a big win.✌️ These two are the quotes to which I hold on. "I do not believe in taking the right decision; I take a decision and make it right." And this "Think a hundred times before you take a decision, but once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man."
Reece Jones
@qudsia_ali Those are both phenomenal! I really like the second one. Reminds me of Abraham Lincoln's (maybe?) quote: "If you give me four hours to chop down a tree, I'll spend the first three sharpening the axe."
Pablo Fatas
At SigmaOS we use the phrase “this too shall pass” :)
VyCook
"Tomatoes and oregano make it Italian, wine and tarragon make it French, sour cream makes it Russian, lemon and cinnamon make it Greek, soy sauce makes it Chinese, garlic makes it good." – Alice May Brock.
Priyanshu
Loved these ones! My favorites: "I fear not from one who have done 10,000 things, instead I fear from the one who has done one thing 10,000 times!" and "If I've given an hour to solve a problem, I'll spend 55 minutes to understand what question is wanted to ask me, 5 minutes are enough for the solution!"
Nicole Ogloza
I have a few: "Plans are nothing, planning is everything" - By Ted Roosevelt " Be the person that you are missing from your life to others" - (not sure where I found this one) but basically says be a good person, since we are all good people waiting on other good people to help make life easier :D