What is a marketing channel that you didn't expect to work, but actually worked quite well?

Michael Shver
9 replies

Replies

Farwa Abbas
A handwritten note of gratitude with a coupon enclosed. Although it seemed archaic, the personal touch was valued by the customers, who frequently shared it on social media to generate unanticipated engagement and purchases.
Clayton Walker
This probably isn’t what your question is referring to - but many years ago I had a visual effects YouTube channel I ran in middle school. We would spend weeks creating videos only for them to get a few hundred views on the channel from our friends. We started sharing the videos on the app iFunny and saw our views 10x. This won’t necessarily help with product marketing but is a good example of thinking outside of the traditional channels people stick to. With the increased traffic we were able to get YouTube partnership in the early days before it was obtainable as it is today.
Michael Shver
@claytonwalker I think it's actually a very good example of establishing a multi-platform prescense! It's somewhat close to what happens here on PH frequently, when people find ways to connect through various social media platforms, develop relationships and support each other basically everywhere. It's just on a smaller scale here, but I see how actively sharing links helps with building following. So it's actually a very interesting example, even if a bit old! 🔥
Asmitha Rathis
Some of the free tool directories. I did not expect them to drive in traffic as much.
Yan Fernandes
@asmitha_rathis1 Really? Like which free tool directory? I'm live right now with SecBrain, an AI voice recorder app. Check on my profile
Asmitha Rathis
@yanffernandes Very cool! MicroLaunch (by @said_aitmbarek), DevHunt, TheresAnAIForThat. these are some of them
Yan Fernandes
@asmitha_rathis1 Of course, I already hit the notify button. And I will try these platforms. I tried Microlaunch, but I think I did something wrong and didn't manage to launch.